Oct 2021 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

Here's mine. I didn't get very far with it, but I'll post what I have anyway. I chose to do the goose, because it looked tricky to do ... as I haven't drawn anything in a while I made a quick sketch on a sheet of paper I'd already used for composing something, hence the lighthouses. There was going to be a better version but I'm pushed for time at the moment so it never happened. I quite like this though, because as a whole image it makes no sense 😆

View attachment 11365

It's size A4, cheapo sketchpad and cheapo HB pencil.

Maybe I'll work on this some more. Either way, I'll try and do better next month!
An excellent sketch, Kay.

Great entries so far :)... Mine has an inconvenience, It seems the paint I used was too liquid and When I made the color layer was looking ok, but next day the color had sponged through the paper.... its my first time using this paper brand (350g/m2 cold pressed watercolor paper). Is kind of sad since I wanted to have the background like that, a neutral sepia/gray dead tone. Now I'm considering my options since there is no going back. to add color to all? Or just put it away and move on...:poop::poop:
Anyway here is my attempt. Charcoal , Acrylics 38x28cm image, 40x30 Watercolor paper
View attachment 11371
Ill come back to comment on the other entries later.
Excellent work, Federico. I thought it was a photo, to begin with.

Good morning ! I am late, sorry...
Vivien - magnificent squirrel! His fur makes you want to stroke him
Penny - superb ink work
Patricia - wow! incredible rendering! superb drawing ... And I adore the noble dog! wonderful work ...
Christel - very beautiful pastel! this goose, that's for sure, will eventually take off;)!
ntl - nice rendering of the fog. I really like the rendering of the meadow :)
Cindy - even with rough paper, I like the "round" side of the painting. it is well done.
your squirrel is very alive ...
Anne - what a lovely painting! the almost shiny rendering of its fur gives it a beautiful look!
John - wow ! your goose is very elegant !
Kay - wonderful color combination! this painting gives joy!
Kay M - nice exercise and the goose movement is done well
Federico - your horse is really successful. As for the background, I find that it fully brings out the horse ... it gives a nostalgic side, like those old films restored in color.
Eyepaint - what a joy to live! I love the expression of this dog.
Scamall - very nice drawing ! the proportions, the look, the features ... everything is fine and beautiful.

My contribution with OP on a grey paper (not a good one,

View attachment 11455
Thank you, artyczar.

Your goose taking off is beautiful. I also like the water.

Thank you Triduana and Ams. Actually I find she is too heavy ahaha. My second contribution is the horse. I use sennelier oil pastels and sometimes, I find them too much creamy 😳. I use too much material and, at the end, I find the drawing a little bit dirty....
View attachment 11463
An excellent horse painting, Sanddedcz. Real movement!

Good morning, Mine was done while on vacation in a cream colored sketchbook about 6"X9" with pastel pencils. I also brought 2 pastel sticks with me (traveling light this time)for the BG and touch it up with some darker color when I got home. First is the drawing - which I like better than the finish. Will check back to comment on everyone else's work.

Attachments

• CS AW Challenge hound drawing Oct.jpg
    CS AW Challenge hound drawing Oct.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 99
  • CS AW Oct Hound.jpg
    CS AW Oct Hound.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 92
Good morning, Mine was done while on vacation in a cream colored sketchbook about 6"X9" with pastel pencils. I also brought 2 pastel sticks with me (traveling light this time)for the BG and touch it up with some darker color when I got home. First is the drawing - which I like better than the finish. Will check back to comment on everyone else's work.
Such a lovely expression! Very well done.

Wow - so great to have so many participating and a wonderful variety of works! Feeling at home here. :)

Vivien, What an adorable storybook-like squirrel- cute and friendly They can be a real nuisance especially when they are in the road or get in your house!
Penny, Love all the detail in this squirrel with the branch. He looks like he has something to say!
Patricia, You cow is elegant and the hound is perfect! Unfinished? I would leave them both as is.
Christel, Beautiful work with those OPs!!!
Ntl, Lovely pastoral scene you have painted - is it watercolor?
Cindy, Great job on both the cows and the squirrel!
Anne, Your penguin is amazing - love the depth of color you get.
Kay, What a fun Flamingo - nice work!
Kay M Love your version of the goose - he was a popular choice!
John, I love this goose done in acrylics - very nice!
EP, You nailed the smile on this Golden - he is great!
Fedotony, Your Fresian is gorgeous! Just like it is- reminds me of an old colorized postcard.
Scamall, Beautiful lively horse drawing- very well done!
Sanddedcz, Wonderful OP painting of the goose and the wake of white water behind it! The horse is so pretty - I really like both!

I hope I didn't miss anyone - thanks for the challenge and I am already looking forward to November's!

Wow - so great to have so many participating and a wonderful variety of works! Feeling at home here. :)

Vivien, What an adorable storybook-like squirrel- cute and friendly They can be a real nuisance especially when they are in the road or get in your house!
Penny, Love all the detail in this squirrel with the branch. He looks like he has something to say!
Patricia, You cow is elegant and the hound is perfect! Unfinished? I would leave them both as is.
Christel, Beautiful work with those OPs!!!
Ntl, Lovely pastoral scene you have painted - is it watercolor?
Cindy, Great job on both the cows and the squirrel!
Anne, Your penguin is amazing - love the depth of color you get.
Kay, What a fun Flamingo - nice work!
Kay M Love your version of the goose - he was a popular choice!
John, I love this goose done in acrylics - very nice!
EP, You nailed the smile on this Golden - he is great!
Fedotony, Your Fresian is gorgeous! Just like it is- reminds me of an old colorized postcard.
Scamall, Beautiful lively horse drawing- very well done!
Sanddedcz, Wonderful OP painting of the goose and the wake of white water behind it! The horse is so pretty - I really like both!

I hope I didn't miss anyone - thanks for the challenge and I am already looking forward to November's!
Thank you very much, bjcpaints. I am hosting the November challenge and have just found photos to post.

Lovely dog bjc. I think I like the original sketch better too but both are nice. He looks like a nice, friendly dog.

Sanddedcz

I really like your painting of the goose taking off - it captures the
moment just before lift-off . Very well done - I also like the water.

Your horse is beautiful - he's flying too !:)

Thank you for your nice comments on my drawings.

Cheers,
Patricia

Penny
Thank you for lovely comments on my drawings.
Cheers,
Patricia

bjcpaints

Very nice dog, you've captured a lovely expression.
Cheers,
Patricia

Back