Oct 2021 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

I’m not sure what that means, Kay. I enjoy it as it is, for the anticipation of which photo people choose, and I like seeing all the surprises Appear on the 20th.

It was just a suggestion for folk who prefer to use their own images etc. and perhaps get more people to join in. It doesn't have to be the same as WC was, etc.

It was just a suggestion for folk who prefer to use their own images etc. and perhaps get more people to join in. It doesn't have to be the same as WC was, etc.
Just a reminder that people can use their own images any time and post in the appropriate media or topic forum. You're not limited to posting in challenges.

Sorry, my last post was unhelpful. I was typing in a rush as the person I was waiting for at work just turned up as I was writing. :)

Personally, I too am happy with the challenge as it is- my post where I made the suggestion was a response to an earlier post by Nufocus where the rules were mentioned. I'm not trying to cause trouble, honest!

Trid, I don't think you are being unhelpful (or should be sorry) for making a simple suggestion and reminding people that THIS IS NOT WC, nor does it have to be just like it. I don't know why or even how "rules" like this have entered into this thread.

Maybe you'd like to make a fun animal project thread with word/phrase-inspired prompts (with or without pictures) of your own and see if people would like to join in? We certainly wouldn't mind that--anything that is inclusive to the members here. :)

OK, this is my last post about it as I didn't mean my little comment to entirely derail the thread.

My mention of rules was in response to this:

I hope it’s not out of line with the rules of this challenge, with which I am not familiar…

Following which I helpfully summarised the rules, and just put a thought down about maybe including an addional option for the challenge for people who might not want to use given images - the same thought has been voiced in other threads and met with a positive response, after all. Seems that people don't want that here.

I did this, it is difficult for me to photograph colored pencils, I took 5 photos, I did not know which one to put, I hope it goes well that I have put 2.

pcj thanks for the beautiful photos of references that gave way to admire so many beautiful works.

2021-10-25 15-57_pagina_3.jpg
2021-10-25 15-57_pagina_1.jpg

Kay, there is nothing wrong with you posting your thoughts. Thank you for them.

Mine are that I think this is a challenge to paint from the photos chosen by the host. People can always post their work from their own photos in a separate thread.

I did this, it is difficult for me to photograph colored pencils, I took 5 photos, I did not know which one to put, I hope it goes well that I have put 2.

pcj thanks for the beautiful photos of references that gave way to admire so many beautiful works.
Beautiful drawing Joe. A lovely expression on his face !
Cheers,
Patricia

Great work on this drawing of the hound Joe1.... nice lights in there for contrast effect too.

John :)

Nice work on the dog Joe. I decided to try the dog too.

I was inspired by pcj (Patricia's) drawing of the cow and dog with black and white chalk on colored paper. Here is my digital version using Artrage digital black and white "charcoal" with a colored "paper" background. I had fun doing it.

20211025D Dog (CS Oct Animal Challenge).jpg

Thanks Patricia for the inspiration.

Beautiful drawing Anne. I agree with Penny - he has such a lovely expression.

Patricia

Back