Oct 2021 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

bjcpaints

Thank you for comments on my drawings.
Cheers,
Patricia

bcj paints - I really like your dog portrait. Thanks for showing us the initial drawing too. The finished piece looks great - I really like the way you've applied the colour.

Patricia thanks for the great photo references. I still plan to get at least one done before the month ends.

Viv-Cute squirrel. His expression is great.
Penny-Lively looking. Makes me think he is about to start chattering away.
Patricia-Love the cow .Looks finished to me.
Christel-Very nice cow pasture. Lovely squirrel.
ntl-Very peaceful pasture scene.
Cindy-Very nice cow pasture. Lovely squirrel.
Anne-Nice penguin.
Reddyman-Very nice goose in action.
KayReally great flamingo.
Kay M-Nice sketch.
Patricia-Truely a noble dog.
fedetony-Great painting.
EP-Love the dog sketch.
Scamall-Wonderful drawing.
Sanddedez-Great job on both goose and horse.
bjcpaints-Like both the drawing and the finish.

Queen Bee
Thank you for very nice comments :)
Cheers,
Patricia

Patricia - thank you
Kay M - thank you
Federico - thank you
Reddyman - thank you
Artyczar - thank you
Kay - thank you. Agree it was a pleasant surprise when that image came from my hand onto the page.
ams - thank you
Christel - thank you
ntl - thank you
Scamall - ooh lovely sense of movement in that horse piece

Oh! There are more posts! Oops - I will continue ...

Sandedcz - thank you. Wow what a great job on that angry goose! Oh yay lovely movement for that horse
Penny - thank you
BJCpaints (Barbara?) - yay hound!! And thank you :)
QueenBee - thank you

Sanddedcz- both your contributions are wonderful, full of movement ...
Barbara- very nice hound :)
QB- looking forward for your input

BD17695E-AD50-4A89-8429-B58467E0F458.jpeg

I don’t do a heck of a lot of animals, I’m more interested in the human animal….
In any case, I cut this Pembroke Corgi out of a larger piece of mine that has human animals in it too….
I hope it’s not out of line with the rules of this challenge, with which I am not familiar….

Good morning, Mine was done while on vacation in a cream colored sketchbook about 6"X9" with pastel pencils. I also brought 2 pastel sticks with me (traveling light this time)for the BG and touch it up with some darker color when I got home. First is the drawing - which I like better than the finish. Will check back to comment on everyone else's work.
BJC
Great work on your painting of the hound and excellent choice for background.... very nicely done.
John

Nufocus
My friend owned a Corgi....cute little dogs with not alot of ground clearance based on those short little legs. LOL Great capture Nufocus...very nice textures.
John

Nufocus,
What a lovely little corgi !
Cheers,
Patricia

I love your corgi, Nufocus. :)

In the first post, there are a series of references for us to chose from to make our work for the month. Although going from discussions about challenges in other parts of the site, I'm wondering if we could include a subject/prompt as well? 🤔

In the first post, there are a series of references for us to chose from to make our work for the month. Although going from discussions about challenges in other parts of the site, I'm wondering if we could include a subject/prompt as well? 🤔

Well, personally, I would like to see this challenge stay as it is . ie: with the photo references only.

I think many people like the motivation of the photo's and enjoy the anticipation and then seeing
'who did what reference and how they did it' !

There are several other challenges that do use prompts for those that prefer that type .
eg: Ink, WAE etc

Cheers,
Patricia

Back