ntl - Lovely peaceful cows.

Cheers,
Patricia

Cindy - I like the atmosphere you've captured in your painting of the cows
and your squirrel's face is lovely.

Cheers,
Patricia

1C2E97B5-B049-47F2-A0B5-4CE38B43890B.jpeg

I did a flamingo close up using acrylics on a gessoed foamcore board. BBL to comment on the lovely works posted thus far.

Viv, I’ll gladly ship a crate full of squirrels your way just to keep them out of my oak trees. They fuss loudly when either of the cats are in the yard.

Anne - Very nice penguin - he looks as if he's pondering going for a swim
doesn't he !

Cheers,
Patricia

Reactions: ams
ntl - Lovely peaceful scene, I like the muted colours.

Cindy - your Cow Pasture came out really nicely! I love those sepia tones and the sense of depth to the scene. I love the squirrel too - great face and I love the way he's holding his paws.

Anne - I really like your penguin! Interesting to read about your process too. A lot of work has gone into this!

John - your goose is brilliant! I love the sense of movement and the water is great.

Kay - great colours and bold brush strokes on your flamingo!

(I just noticed that if you start typing in the reply box and change pages, your typing stays here ... very handy!)

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my Squirrel!
Here's those I haven't yet commented on:
Artyczar - Many thanks!
Joy - Thank you!
pcj/ Patricia - I love your cow! I've always been a fan of letting the color of the paper show through on Charcoal or Pastel paintings and you've done it brilliantly! Thank you for starting these Animal Art Challenges here!
Christel - I'm always amazed at what you can do with those Oil Pastels and this is an awesome painting with them!
ntl - Lovely grazing cows painting, watercolor? I agree with you, I always want to do every photo in the Challenges too, but usually end up doing one!
Cindy - Peaceful cows, and I really like your Squirrel! Great texture on his furry coat!
Anne - Oh your digi artwork is always splendid and I love this one! I'm promising myself to have a try at Artrage one of these days but never seem to find the time.
Reddyman - Welcome to our Animal & Wildlife Challenges! Wow! that is a terrific Acrylic painting! Beautiful work, he's coming straight at us! And from myself, who struggles with Interactive Acrylics, I am in awe!

Reddyman - Wonderful goose - you've captured his expression, action - everything !

Cheers,
Patricia

Kay - Love your colorful Flamingo! Sorry I only saw your painting after I'd posted my replies to the other members - I'm still getting used to using the Site!
I hope I haven't missed anyone else.

Kay - Lovely flamingo . I like the way his eye becomes the focus of the painting.

Cheers,
Patricia

Here's mine. I didn't get very far with it, but I'll post what I have anyway. I chose to do the goose, because it looked tricky to do ... as I haven't drawn anything in a while I made a quick sketch on a sheet of paper I'd already used for composing something, hence the lighthouses. There was going to be a better version but I'm pushed for time at the moment so it never happened. I quite like this though, because as a whole image it makes no sense 😆

goosegoosegoose.jpg

It's size A4, cheapo sketchpad and cheapo HB pencil.

Maybe I'll work on this some more. Either way, I'll try and do better next month!

Christel, Kay M, Penny, ArtyCzar, Cindy, Joy, Anne, Reddyman, Vivien,

Thank you for your lovely comments on my drawing ! :)

Cheers,
Patricia

Kay M - That's a terrific drawing ! You've captured everything !

Cheers,
Patricia

View attachment 11364
I did a flamingo close up using acrylics on a gessoed foamcore board. BBL to comment on the lovely works posted thus far.

Viv, I’ll gladly ship a crate full of squirrels your way just to keep them out of my oak trees. They fuss loudly when either of the cats are in the yard.
Kreative K (Kay) - this is beautifully painted with wonderful attention to colour. Such an uplifting piece. Great job on this!!

Triduana ( Kay M) - your sketch is perfect in perspective/ratio, etc. and I think it looks very promising. Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to seeing your next work. :)

PCJ - Patricia- wow that bloodhound charcoal drawing is excellent and I would love to see it finished....I am just waiting to hear him bay he looks so real. Great job. ( I love those dogs)

John :)

Last edited:
Patricia and John - thank you for your comments. :)

Patricia - I love this drawing just as it is! I would love to see the finished piece as well :)

Great entries so far :)... Mine has an inconvenience, It seems the paint I used was too liquid and When I made the color layer was looking ok, but next day the color had sponged through the paper.... its my first time using this paper brand (350g/m2 cold pressed watercolor paper). Is kind of sad since I wanted to have the background like that, a neutral sepia/gray dead tone. Now I'm considering my options since there is no going back. to add color to all? Or just put it away and move on...:poop::poop:
Anyway here is my attempt. Charcoal , Acrylics 38x28cm image, 40x30 Watercolor paper
photo_2021-10-20_22-48-46.jpg

Ill come back to comment on the other entries later.

Kay, wonderful closeup!
PCJ, your hound is beautifully done!
The horse is dimensional, and lively. Well done, fedetony!

Fedetony - I think your horse is wonderful as it is !
Have you used that paint with other paper with no problem ?

Cheers,
Patricia

John and Christel - You both captured the action perfectly! Wow!
Fedetony - It looks great.
Patricia - The textures are coming out so well already.

Fedetony- really liking your horse painting and the sepia neutral background looks super. Wonderful contrasts ...great painting!

John :)

Back