Let's paint oils from life!

That looks like an old tree! I especially like that you did the base structure so well. All the shadows seem to be appropriate throughout. That is a lovely piece!
It's still too cold for me to go out. They keep telling me summer is coming but I don't think so... :confused:

Reactions: Dm7
@ntl I know that feeling, it took forever for decent weather to finally arrive here! Let's hope you'll get lucky soon too!

In May I'm going to France, so expect me to spam a lot of en plein air paintings here soon. 😂

@ntl I know that feeling, it took forever for decent weather to finally arrive here! Let's hope you'll get lucky soon too!

In May I'm going to France, so expect me to spam a lot of en plein air paintings here soon. 😂
That's a wonderful painting, Dm7, and I hope you spam us with more paintings soon!

I haven't painted much at all since fall, but I too hope to be doing plein air work this summer. It's been weirdly cold here too.

There were many unexpected events happening so I'm not in France yet and I'm also currently healing from my wrist injury. It only makes me more itchy to paint something. 😂 And Grotius, I hope you'll be able to paint something too and that your weather improves soon!

There were many unexpected events happening so I'm not in France yet and I'm also currently healing from my wrist injury. It only makes me more itchy to paint something. 😂 And Grotius, I hope you'll be able to paint something too and that your weather improves soon!
Sorry to hear about your wrist injury! That certainly would impair painting. Get well soon!

This is a photo of my pleinair few weeks ago in Provence, France where I stopped on my way driving down on the map. The grapes 🍇 are just staring to get leafs 🌿 and it was a calm place to paint. It's quite dark b/c rain was about to start. Luckily it didn't rain until I was back in car driving to hotel. It measures something like 30x40 cm, oil on canvas.
IMG_20220420_144335.jpg

Here's a photo of my present view in Spain. I will stay here longer so I try to learn to paint water and rocks. I find them demanding to paint. This one is smaller than the previous one, maybe 20x30 cm, oil on canvas. I'm glad I'm close to water bc it's hot now inland Spain.
IMG_20220508_100646.jpg

IMG_20220508_100630.jpg

I post one more from my favorite wild beach. It was a windy day and I had to hide behind a dune. I wanted to work more on this painting on location after I got 2 hours done but sand started to blow and my palette got a layer of fine sand over it so I had to pack. 35x50 cm, oil on canvas.
IMG_20220509_140732.jpg

IMG_20220509_140723.jpg

Glorious work, Moscatel! I had read that Spain is having an early heat wave and it sounds like you were caught in it. I'm glad you were able to paint on the beach like this. Beautiful!

Terri, thanks. Not only heat but along with heat sand from Sahara is coming this way filling air with not so healthy small particles to breath.

It’s always lovely to see your work @moscatel ❤️ Your brush strokes are always lovely to look at!

I finally am on my vacation in France and did my first plein air this summer!
“Villey-Le-Sec River” 18x24cm canvas panel with oil painting. 1.5 hours for this session. It was a difficult subject to paint especially with water. It won’t stop moving. 😂

ILaPZsX.jpg

A big piece for first bite but you kept your color and values limited. Really like the three dots of light to the viewer left of both tree trunks. Nice touch. The expression of light is good through out the piece.

Back