Monthly Art Prompts October 2022

Halloween - pencil, marker and crayon on copy paper:

HandScratchingKitty.png

Everything you have posted is beautiful, the halloween themed works are also eight fun ones. I tried these 2 portraits from references. I tried again after a while with digital charcoal, which. It's brush that I'm undecided whether to try it more or less.

9C7948BE-5909-4F77-A427-55DA7E167388.jpeg
EF79333F-16E3-4FEE-9AD6-FC3938A2D19F.jpeg

smaughazard: awesome painting! Love the flying ufo and is that an alien on the bottom right? I'm looking at this on my cell, so can't see it well. I'll look at it again on my pc with a bigger monitor! Glad you joined us . :)

October and Halloween are one of my favorite times of year. Ever since a little kid, I love carving pumpkins into Jack-0-Lanterns, still do every year. This one I did a couple years back. It's a Warty Goblin pumpkin variety, it has a very hard shell and once dried will last for years. I did a little painting on it, put pieces of orange crepe paper inside. I mounted a solar yard light in the top, so no fuss with candles (although I love the smell of candles burning pumpkin flesh). Several more regular Jacks are below:

1665865923212.jpeg

Some years we get snow on Halloween

1665866589709.jpeg

Also a carpet of dry Maple leaves in the yard

1665867123592.jpeg

You're free to use these as a reference for drawings or paintings.

Zen: Absolutely beautiful pumpkins! That first one, with all the warts - is fantastic! Puck is gorgeous - love his eyes. Fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing ❤️

Zen: Absolutely beautiful pumpkins! That first one, with all the warts - is fantastic! Puck is gorgeous - love his eyes. Fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing ❤️
Cali, since you're a cat lover, here's another exposure of Puck showing some lights on his black fur. The pixels got a little crunchy.

1665955106628.jpeg

Smaughazard , wonderful jobZen thanks for the beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them also as references, I tried to use 2 of your beautiful cat.

I drew in gray, because chiaroscuro and grayscale drawings have been among the things I would like to learn from long time.

portrait and hallowen

2022-10-18 19-15.jpeg
2022-10-19 11-09.jpeg

Back