Monthly Art Prompts October 2022

Next, Unwholesome Threesome. Acrylics on 9x12 inch canvas board, knife and brush, finished today. Referenced from my photograph below...

1666230684655.jpeg

Original 8-year-old digital photo...
1666230894807.jpeg

And two photoshopped versions...

1666231111388.jpeg

1666231232182.jpeg

Cross posted in Contemporary and Abstract Art

I love the acrylic version, Zen! Great title too 😁

Beautiful drawings of Puck, Joe! The individual marks that you make are sometimes as interesting as the whole!

Vampir Elle....

1666560237562.jpeg

An eye drawing exercise that took on her own life. Graphite pencil, ball point pen, red and blue Berol Prismacolor pencils, 6x9 inch sketch page.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. My husband fell and broke his ankle badly enough to need surgery. He's home now but everything takes 3 times as long as normal and all my time has been taken up just keeping up with what needs to be done.

I finally had time to take a look at what's been happening here and enjoyed all of the postings for October. CaliAnn, I loved your watercolor cat and Zen, all your pumpkins were delightful.

Anne

Wish I could take time to comment on all!

CaliAnn - The cat is phenomenal! The fur is so soft and realistic.
Joe - Excellent portraits. They are very difficult to do.
Don - Outstanding pumpkins and art you produced from these. The pumpkins are works of art themselves. I always enjoy the pumpkin carving shows on TV.

Anne: I was wondering about you. Sorry to hear about your husband - hope he gets better soon! Thank you for your comments
Joy: Thank you for your comments

You all are bringing some big smiles my way here! Love this thread!

I'll do my darndest to get something in here. October is a special month. ❤️

Anne: glad your husband is on the mend: sounds like a nasty break. You take care of yourself, too!

Here we go - kind of a scary alien Halloween monster! :LOL:

scary Halloween monster.jpg

And I tried a seated self portrait. Only partially finished. Started to mess with a little colored pencil after the graphite and got too intense around the eyes, I think.

self portrait seated.jpg

Glad you joined us Terri - these are fantastic - I LOVE your scary Halloween monster (at first, I thought he was giving me the finger! :ROFLMAO: ). I love the self portrait - the pose says so much! Beautiful work! ❤️

Why thank you, CaliAnn! I saw later that the alien monster does indeed look like he has figured out the universal finger point. Ha!

Hopefully the pose shows a person wiped out from moving and unpacking. I think I was having a "What next?" moment.

Sylwia: Welcome to the October prompts! Glad you joined us. Your portrait is beautiful - a very sensitive piece - excellent work! ❤️

Back