February 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge - all welcome!

Yes! March will soon be upon us. I will post mine now and Ricky, my sister, will post hers. 😎

Last edited:
Here is my pup in coloured pencils.

EF09FC1D-49FB-4908-83D1-00DABED39092.jpeg

Beautiful pencil painting Penny! Hes having a lovely snooze!
Thank you very much, Viv. I wanted it to look more “painterly”, so didn’t blend and smooth the colours together as much as I might have done. Sleeping puppies are lovely.

A lovely painting, Federico. The background is very good, too. You work very well with acrylics. I don’t find them easy.

Vivien - yahoo - I wait for you to post (first time zone) then I feel I can post mine (last time zone). Hooray green and white moth.
Penny - awww sleepy doggie :)
ricky - wonderful digi animals :)
Federico - awww little mouse :)

Here's my contribution, 8x11" across the two page spread. Ink and marker.
cs-animals-feb20-2022.jpg

Cheers,

Vivien - yahoo - I wait for you to post (first time zone) then I feel I can post mine (last time zone). Hooray green and white moth.

View attachment 19149

Cheers,
Hi Ep - thank you. i love your combination of animals and also Im very fond of the way you divide up your page to get them all in! And this time youve used green on everyone, beautiful work!

View attachment 19149

Cheers,
Very creative love it .

Viv, lovely moth. The pan pastels work well for getting those soft transitions of color on the wings.

Penny, I love your sleeping dog. You captured the pose so well. I like your use of color in the fur too.

Ricky, good job with the painting. You are getting better and better with the iArtBook and iPencil.

Federico, I love your little mouse. He is so adorable climbing over the fence.

EP, delightful sketches. I like your little touches of green in each one, it pulls them all together. My favorite is the sleeping dog.

It's not the 20th here yet but since others are posting...I'll borrow someone else's time zone.

Mouse in ink and water-soluble graphite in 6"x8" Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook.

20220204Sk6 Wood Mouse (Alexas_Fotos, Pixabay).png

Moth, ink, water-soluble graphite and watercolor in my sketchbook. Viv, I agree with you that this was harder than it looked.

20220214Sk6 Lime Hawk Moth (Ian Lindsay, Pixabay).png

Triduana, thanks for hosting this month.

Viv, lovely moth. The pan pastels work well for getting those soft transitions of color on the wings.

Penny, I love your sleeping dog. You captured the pose so well. I like your use of color in the fur too.

Ricky, good job with the painting. You are getting better and better with the iArtBook and iPencil.

Federico, I love your little mouse. He is so adorable climbing over the fence.

EP, delightful sketches. I like your little touches of green in each one, it pulls them all together. My favorite is the sleeping dog.

It's not the 20th here yet but since others are posting...I'll borrow someone else's time zone.

Mouse in ink and water-soluble graphite in 6"x8" Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook.

View attachment 19152

Moth, ink, water-soluble graphite and watercolor in my sketchbook. Viv, I agree with you that this was harder than it looked.

View attachment 19153

Triduana, thanks for hosting this month.
Anne - so sweet little mouse! And lovely watercolor of the Moth!

Vivien – lovely soft look to the Moth.

Penny – Oh, he looks so comfy. Well done on the little splashes of colour.

Federico – This little mouse and his surroundings are very well done. I really like the way you did the background.

EP – Nice assortment of characters. I like the little babies in the bottom left.

Anne – Really well done on both. Your handling of the wooden fence is amazing.

Here is my sleeping dog. Chalk in my black paper sketchbook, image 4 1/2 X 9 1/2".

thumb_IMG_3068.jpg

Back