February 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge - all welcome!

I'm quite late with my comments but now that I finally have a moment to myself, I did not want to miss making them.

Vivian ~ I love your moth. I think the pan pastels give the perfect texture for this subject. I love the over all look to this, the colors too.

Schuee ~ fantastic sleeping pup. You did a great job suggesting the fur texture with your pencils.

Ricky ~ I’m not familiar with I Art but you’ve done really good with these. You’ve achieved a nice painterly effect.

Fedetony ~ Oh this mouse is really impressive. Very colorful and I love color. Very well done!

Eyepaint ~ love the line work in all of these and the way you’ve brought them together. Well done with the accent of color too.

ams this soluble graphics greatly interests me. I like the ink and wash look too. Nice mouse and moth! I agree with Sanlynn about the wooden fence. Coming back to add a thumbs up for the whimbrel too!

Sanlynn ~ I really like this one! Your control of values has made a nice dramatic piece. It shows why despite that we experience such a technicolored world, black and white is still considered a very impressive art form.

Christel ~ There’s a sentimental place in my heart for art on rocks, and for a very good reason, and this is so well done. Love it.

Rainowl2 ~ I keep loving this pup and your rendition is no exception. Well done.

Chaffee2 ~ Great symbolism!

KreativeK ~ those swallows almost beat out the whimbrel for my attention this month, so I am glad to see them. You did so well with the watercolor, the medium I struggle with the most (well apparently behind pan pastels. My attempt with them did not last long.) But these are lovely. I would certainly hang them on my wall!

Pcj ~ oh that cute sleeping pup again! 😊 Truly nice job! And those pencils definitely look interesting. Thank you for the WIP images as well.

Joy ~ Have I mentioned I love color? I used to have an aquarium full of brightly colored little fish like the one you’ve painted. Nicely done! And I think your fins look quite delicate and so suggests the transparency very well.

And thank you all for the comments on my whimbrel. I particularly value the comments on the background. It was unplanned and the most challenging part of the painting. It has made me more determined to learn how to paint water better too. Maybe more wave paintings in my future? We will see.

Tim, JSparrow - Thank you very much for commenting on my my drawing !:)
Cheers,
Patricia

Wow, thanks so much everyone for taking part! And sorry for my absence - I've had a a family bereavement and various associated complications ... I haven't felt motivated to pick up my art materials. I only got as far as printing my ref photos out. I'm not doing too well this year so far!

I'll comment on all your artworks when I've got my laptop out and I can view them properly. They all look superb!

Wow, thanks so much everyone for taking part! And sorry for my absence - I've had a a family bereavement and various associated complications ... I haven't felt motivated to pick up my art materials. I only got as far as printing my ref photos out. I'm not doing too well this year so far!

I'll comment on all your artworks when I've got my laptop out and I can view them properly. They all look superb!
So sorry to hear of your loss. Hope things calm down for you.

Hi Kay, my sincere condolences, I wish you feel motivated soon.

Hello Kay
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.
Patricia

I'm so sorry for your loss! Do take care of yourself.

Triduana sorry for your loss.

Wood mouse
paper a4 . pencil, pen for 2 , for now I have done this

2022-02-27 10-52_pagina_3.jpg

Joe1It

Very nice, lively drawings of the mice and cow. I especially like the cow's expression.
Cheers,
Patricia.

Joe, your mice and cow are both well done. I think the cow is one of your best. You have a nice range of values and your shading is in all the right places.

Last edited:
Thank you for your lovely comments about my dog.
Viv- love the colours you have used on the moth.

Penny - yout dog is cute.

Ricky -like your pictures.

Fedetony - your mouse is adorable.

Eyepatch- another wonderful selection of sketches

Ams - love your mouse and moth

Sanlynn - another cute dog

Christen- like your cow

JSparrow - illness the way you have done the sea with the light catching the waves.
Chaffee2 - interesting picture

Kreative Kay your birds look have wonderful expressions on their face's.

Pat love your dog.
I used derwent tinted graphite paints on my dog.

I hope I have not missed anyone out . I love looking at the submissions and seeing everyone's interpretation of the photos.

Lesley

Joe, both of your submissions are excellent. The spontaneity of your drawings is always pleasing. The cow is the best I have seen from you! Great shading, proportions, and overall appearance.

Back