February 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge - all welcome!

I've started mine !

I'm also taking "work in progress' [WIP] photo's .

Looking forward to the 20th ! :)

Cheers,
Patricia

Good one Patricia, I look forward to seeing it.

I might get mine done (or at least started) tonight or tomorrow. It's blowing a gale (and has been doing since Monday) so I have no wish to go outside!

I've got mine done and ready to post. :)

Patricia, looking forward to your progress pictures.

Thank you for hosting this. I’ve started one, but I’m so rusty at painting that I’m afraid it will be a fail. Naturally I chose one that is the most challenging to my skill set.:rolleyes:

Thank you for hosting this. I’ve started one, but I’m so rusty at painting that I’m afraid it will be a fail. Naturally I chose one that is the most challenging to my skill set.:rolleyes:
Very pleased you are taking part. Don’t worry, I am sure it won’t be a failure. Any level is acceptable. It can be a sketch and doesn’t have to be a “masterpiece. It’s the taking part that matters. 😎🙂

Hullo everyone - it is Sunday 20th Feb in New Zealand today so here's my entry for this months Challenge.
Ive painted the Moth in PanPastels - on MyTeintes pastel paper.
20220219_100036.jpg

Nice one, Viv! So soft and dreamy overall, but with harder lines of detail in the moth. Beautiful and reminiscent of a storybook.

Lamar - Thank you. This one was far more difficult than I thought it would be. I wanted to leave the soft furry lines of the Moth but also introduce the lines on the wings. I had several tries at this before I was satisfied enough to post. And nearly binned it a couple of times.

Last edited:
Hullo everyone - it is Sunday 20th Feb in New Zealand today so here's my entry for this months Challenge.
Ive painted the Moth in PanPastels - on MyTeintes pastel paper.
View attachment 19124
I love the sage colour, Viv. the moth has a “soft” feel to it and I can imagine it fluttering around. I like moths and their lovely names.

I’ll post mine later this evening.

Last edited:
I love the sage colour, Viv. the moth has a “soft” feel to it and I can imagine it fluttering around. I like moths and their lovely names.

i’ll post mine later this evening.
Penny - Thank you! It looks easy but wasn't! I see I'm down for Hosting next month - I better sort out some refs for it soon.

Back