February 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge - all welcome!

These are lovely Joe, I agree with Anne, they are all good.
I particularly like the Wombat.
Cheers,
Patricia

Anne, I like your sketchy Whimbrel. I'm smiling.

Triduana, so sorry for you, take care, hugs.

joe1lt, what a fun wood mouse. I think you've really done the textures on the animals so well. The cow is my favorite! Love cows.

Patricia - I am so sorry I've tried to post my photos for the March Challenge - but for some reason they wont post! I've Private Messaged you as it could be my Internet coverage. I tried for ages and all it would say is "Parsing failed" whatever that means?!

Patricia - I am so sorry I've tried to post my photos for the March Challenge - but for some reason they wont post! I've Private Messaged you as it could be my Internet coverage. I tried for ages and all it would say is "Parsing failed" whatever that means?!
Vivien, just a couple of things you can check since no one is online right now to help.

Check the size of your images. If they are very large, it may help to resize to longest dimension to 800 or something close to that.

It also may help to remove all your temporary files in your browser, close the browser and start it again.

Not sure these ideas will help but they are worth a try.

Hi Viv,
I received your pm. I've replied - let me know if you have received it .

Wow, I didn't actually realise until now how many of you had taken part! It's really cheered me up today. Thank you! And thanks for all the kind comments, it means a lot. ♥️

Vivien - great work on the hawkmoth! I love the green on the wings.

Penny - I love your pup. Lots of character and that nose!

Ricky - wow you've done so many! Good work on all of them and I like your method too.

Federico - the mouse is adorable. Lovely red tones in the fur and I really like the fence too.

E. P. - lovely set of sketches, and I like the touches of colour.

Ann - I love your mouse and the moth. I thought about doing the moth but I was put off by the symmetry (not that I did any of them in the end!) I love your sketch of the whimbrel too. I really need to do more quick sketches like this!

Sanlynn - wow, I just love this!

Christel - great cow painting and I love that you chose to paint it on a pebble.

JSparrow - wonderful whimbrel and I love that you moved it to the coast. The waves are terrific. Yes, please paint more water, you're very good at it!

Lesley - this is great! I love the energy in those lines.

Tim - very cool take on the whimbrel. I like the body especially.

Kay - lovely painting of the little swallows! I'm impressed that you did it all with a rigger (it's my least favourite brush). Nice texture from the Brusho.

Patricia - wonderful! Thanks for the progress pics, it's good to see how you built up the depth. Those pencils look good, I could be interested.

Joy - I love your fish, the colours are wonderful. I think it turned out really well.

Joe - I love all your sketches. Well done.

Viv has just pm'd the March challenge photo's to me.

I've started the new March 2022 Animal And Wildlife Challenge thread.

Thank you very much for hosting February, Kay:)

If anyone would like to host a month , please let me know
in the Animal Challenge host schedule thread.

June July, Aug, Sept and Oct still need hosts. Remember - you get to
choose the photo's for the month if you are the host !😃
Cheers,
Patricia

Back