April 2023 Watermedia Challenge

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
Here are some of my photos. I hope you find something interesting. Have fun.

barn800.jpg

deer800.jpg

joannablues.jpg

maltese800.jpg

ocberries800.jpg

rooster800.jpg
water800.jpg
daisies800.jpg

These daisies might look good with the barn, eh?

Great photos Jo! You're right about the daisies and the barn. I see you speak Canadian, eh? :)
Thanks for hosting :)

CaliAnn, thanks. Yep, we spent about 15 summers in Canada went coast to coast a couple of times. Not all at once. The first time we started by going around the Great Lakes, then next time we went on west to Regina, next year we started in Regina and went farther west, etc. So, there you are then.

Thanks everyone. I tried to get a variety. I had so many, didn't know what to pick. I have some southwest with rocks if you are interested.
I decided to start off with this Montana scene. About 6 x 8 inches in a 7 x 9.5 inch sketchbook. Watercolors with waterbrushes.

wmchalleng-apr-mont.jpg

Jo: Beautiful job on the landscape - the water turned out great. Such a serene feeling to this painting :)

Joy, thank you. Green is a bit difficult as you know.

CaliAnn, getting used to the change when the paint dries is hard for me. Pastels stay the color you put down. Ha.

Lovely Jo. I like the reflection of the trees in the water. I also like the loss of detail in the background trees. Well done!

Joy, yep a marathon and I'm only up to about 2 miles at a time. Ha.

Thanks, Anne. Practice is helping.

Reactions: ams
Jo that is a lovey serene landscape.

Sylwia love your colorful rooster. I love using mulberry paper but have not used it for watercolor.

Sylvia, ohhh, I like your take on the rooster. Love the colors. Never heard of mulberry paper.
Thank you, Jo. I love the reference photo, it's very inspiring. The mulberry paper is often used for prints, handmade cards, wrapping paper or origami and calligraphy.

Sylwia: Your rooster is awesome! He has so much character!
Thank you, CalliAnn.
Sylwia love your colorful rooster. I love using mulberry paper but have not used it for watercolor.
Thank you, Queen Bee. I've bought it for monotype prints, but it's great for watercolour as well. You can use it for almost every medium.

Back