April 2023 Watermedia Challenge

joe1lt, your digi work is so good. I love the rooster in red and the boy has such nice gesture. Applause.

Here is my version of the old barn.

It's about 5" x 7", ink and watercolor in XL Mix Media sketchbook.

I started with a freehand graphite sketch, added the ink and then the watercolor.

20230408Sk7 Old Barn(CS-WMC)-color.png

Anne, That is great! So detailed where needed, but such a clean fresh look! Tony Couch would love this. I took a workshop with him (my first ever) once, and we were all so sick of old barns by the end of the week. (y)

Reactions: ams
Jo: The colors of your daisies painting screams spring! You could submit this in the Monthly Art Prompts for this month - would fit for the Spring prompt. I just LOVE this! ❤️

Sylwia, a rooster painted on mulberry paper is a one-of-a-kind treasure.

Joe, your rooster is fun as is the little child.

Anne, loving how your barn came together using ink line and wash which surprisingly looks so rustic and authenic.

You're getting the hang of using wc, Jo, so keep up the good work. Learn to paint around whites and you won't need to use masking. This daisy one is so nice and fresh, so springtime perfect! Your landscape posted first is beautiful. I find the water-brushes tricky.

Last edited:
Kay, thank you. You give me a boost. I haven't been painting anything much less in watercolor. Hopefully I will get outside some now, that always helps me. Thanks so much for your support and tips.

Daisy Road to the Barn.jpg

Here is Daisy Road to the Barn, made by combining two pix. Size 6x6 watercolor using White Nights on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done last night. I added a mix of burnt sienna and Indian red for a rusty red to give the old barn some color. Thanks Jo for the refs!

Wonderful Kay. I love how you added some extra color to the barn. The variations in color really add to the feeling of old wood.

Kay, amazing such a great piece on light paper. Wonderful old barn; Tony Couch would love it! ;)

I was supposed to restart treatments today, but I"m sick, so dr.'s decided to push things out, until I"m a little better. Hopefully, that gives me some time to paint on a day that I'm feeling better

Back