Animal & Wildlife Challenge, August 2024

Vivien -Roo was quite popular this month! They eyes are great, and I especially enjoy the soft blending on the paper of cool and warm colors on the chest fur.

Mosc - Absolutely outstanding! The values, the eye sparkle and the directional strokes are really fabulous. This is like an example in a book. Having never tried oils, this must be very difficult.

Moscatel - Wonderful cat! I really liked your progression from Gouache sketch to finished oil painting! Thank you for your comment on my Kangaroo.

I hope to post something in the next day or two. I got bogged down with a painting I just finished. Threw my first start away.

Queen Bee - Thank you. My watercolors never come out the way I planned - they aways take off and have a mind of their own!

"Gentle Kind", 15x20 cm, oil sketch on paper.
IMG20240812144313.jpg

Mosc - Wow! It amazes me that you can do so much quality art. How long doe this take for you? Of course, you are accomplished and skilled, so maybe you can paint faster. My fave thing about this is the colorful warm greens that you so creatively chose. The BG and subject are really well integrated. Since you have "C & C welcome" (as do I) the only improvement I would note is the proportion of the head. It seems a bit too long. The space between the smaller horn and the ear (the forehead area) is the area that could be shorter.

Thanks Joe.
Love the rhino! Great job on this subject Moscatel! Really like the green/ yellow undertones and background.

I thought I had commented here, guess it was just in my mind. Fun paintings.

PaintBoss, I love the kangaroo. Great eyes.

Joy, great job on the little bird.

moscatel, aww, look at the cat in gouache. Such life! The cat in oil, looks ready to jump. Nice!!

Vivien, hey there. Lovely kangaroo. Guess you have seen a few!

Back