Your weirdest, craziest work?

You are right. It was Dali. Memory malfunction. I slipped in another thread, too. It was a critic from the New Yorker (whats-his-name) and not Clement Greenberg, who called Jackson's drips baked macaroni. There was a time when I would have been mortified by these slips.

"To err is human also in so far as animals seldom or never err, or at least only the cleverest of them do so." Lichtenberg.

I only remember this aphorism (with a little help from our friend the search engine) as it is on the back cover. I hardly ever get beyond the covers of a book. This time, with Georgy-boy, I excelled and managed to read beyond the main title. Hoorah!

I like it and that you build your frame as part of the work.
Well, thank you most kindly, Mademoiselle. ("My damsel"!)

It no longer lives. It died by the hand of the one who created it. It is extinct-er than the Northern White Rhino. When I first saw Robin Banksy's The Elephant in the Room, I assumed it was a life-size replica of an elephant painted to match the interior of the set, or, in other words, another high profile artist with the spondulicks to recreate whatever their minds desire, and it was, but only with a living elephant.

Here is a rabbit who claims to be the Shaman of Namsan

2E27EE19-9311-4F28-AF2B-AAEB8A4C1E57.jpeg

Yep, the rabbit does indeed look like the Shaman of Namsan. They are radiating it! Love the little ones. Your paintings are so alive with your use of colour and line.

Beautiful.

Ref above image.
Acrylic 30cm x 30cm cheap canvas....
' Man offering Children the World'.

One from 2017, the year I started trying out my ideas using paint.

Wow! I really LIKE all the crazy/weird stuff on this thread!
Without a doubt, this one is my weirdest painting:

Splat_Final.jpg

"Splat"....16" x 20" oil on RayMar Canvas Panel

My wife claims it is obscene. The women in my art club commented that it wouldn't appear so "obscene", if I hadn't used flesh colors in the painting.

This is probably second in my weird category:
Biff_Final.jpg

Pay no attention to the gray strips, top, and bottom, because they are not part of the painting.
"Biff"....16" x 20" oil on RayMar Canvas Panel
I did this from a pencil drawing of mine that I discovered when browsing through a sketch book I had long forgotten. It received a Best of Show at my art club's seasonal show a couple of years ago.

I think the third leg must belong to the guy behind her Ian. Bill I can see the one little part of that Splat painting that your wife sees as obscene but I love the painting, the work is excellent.

Back