Mixed Up But Not Stirred

Enyaw

namuh
Mixed Up.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Jan 31/24
With this piece I wanted to use some very saturated coloring and some coloring where I mixed the colors in but only with a quick swipe and not a striffing so some colors mixed on canvas. Not sure where I am headed with this one but I will follow up using it as a step on the stairway. It gave me the idea to concentrate more on my composition and allow the lines of the compositon to lead instead of outlining. I will modify it next time round. Overall I think the piece works quite well. Sorry to any who don't, but I like pretty. Probably because I'm ugly but reasons are not overly important as long as I have some and believe in them.

I like pretty. Probably because I'm ugly
:ROFLMAO: You kill me.

I love this!! I see you left the flowers alone but you emphasized your shapes and composition with outline. It.Is.GORGEOUS! I'm not sure where you're going with this, either, but you definitely have my enthusiastic attention. I love this! I think I said that already.

Thank you Kay

Thank you Terri. I’m glad you recovered from death. Are you Lazarus in a new incarnation?
I used the lines on the flowers but did not like the effect so they got painted over. I did think after this one to try invisible lines of composition to act as the cage.

This is great and yes, I like pretty too. The rich colors work beautifully and so does the composition. Beautiful! ❤️ ❤️

Back