Your weirdest, craziest work?

I like these. William's fleshy one was unexpected, and I didn't think the ballerinas were too weird, but I see what you mean now.

8CCA9508-676E-4492-8FB3-747A9D7A72A1.jpeg

I finished this one two days ago and I guess some people will find it rather weird. An old steel beam, previously painted red, but now heavily corroded, is lying on a beach near some beach glass. I happen to like corroded metal. Alkyds on canvas, 600 x 600 mm.

Beach Glass small.jpg

Detail
Beach Glass detail.jpg

Very interesting Dave, lots of dimension due to the thickness of the paint.

Hermes, I'm not sure I'd call that weird or crazy, I quite like it.

Very nice painting, Hermes. Love the abstracted subject and colours. The glass reminds me of a late Klee. Corroded metal, weathered wood, reclamation by nature, all good.

Thank you snoball, Artyczar, Iain — much appreciated. I thought my love of corroded metal would be considered weird. It was fun to try my hand at the trompe-l'œil saw-off bolts and rust on the metal strip.

20cm x 10cm cheap canvas
' Gangster Dog with Gun....Smoking '

Ha haa....it took all of 2 minutes to finger paint....
20 mins to make a title for it.....

thanks Arty - these were inspired by scenes painted on Japanese Lacquered Jewelry boxes - often inlaid with bits of abalone shell. To create that look I "inlaid" 2" rigid insulation foam ( extruded polystyrene) with bits of iridescent mylar film.

40"x28" o.d. acrylic on panel

TIP1352.jpg

P.S. - I'm mostly Dutch - no Japanese or Asian - but have lived on Oahu - the last time for 5 years.

Last edited:
Back