WEEKLY ART EVENT FROM 19th Nov to 26th Nov

Thank you all for the kind words on my little Garden Gnome "Couch Potato". Just to let you know though, he was not a sculpture of mine, strictly a gift given to me a few years back that now needed a fresh coat of paint. I cannot take the credit for creating him, just his new colors!

Hello all, happy Thanksgiving, and a late (hope not too late) entry from me.

Schuee: your dogs trying to hypnotize the treats are wonderful - they put a smile on my face!
Anne: your portrait of your golden retriever is very nice, those soft gradation are very well done!
Kay: Mini Pearl is so adorable and perfectly painted as always
Vivien: I love your delicate orange rose, I love this color (I have an orange rose in the garden, they smell lovely) and you have painted it so effectively.
Maureen: powerful painting of your niece - yeah! (gorgeous colors, too!)
Hostajunkie: great drawing of Myrna Loy ( I don't know her, sorry, can't comment on the likeness). The drawing made you happy, that's good! The flamingoes are excellent: a great composition and excellenctly painted.
ntl: so adorable and full of action your little sketch. These spontaneous sketches are always making me happy ..And yours shows how much fun you have during the activity and while you were sketching it. Love it!
Cindy: how fitting in these times is your coach potatoe. I feel like this every evening...

One thing that makes me very happy is the little bird house (given to me by friends for my 50th birthday) that is attracting and feeding quite a range of birds: great tits, blue tits, crested tits, woodpeckers, a jay, blackbirds, vultures, starlings, robins, sparrows....

Watercolor Pencils and paper (A4) and some fineliner...

View attachment 13842 View attachment 13843

Cheers and have a nice holiday

Tanja
Thank you, Tanja. I loke your whimsical bird house and occupants. Well done.

Tanja, your birdhouse is lovely! They do bring great pleasure when the feathered friends visit… we share that joy!

Viv, thanks for hosting this past week.👍😀

Tanja, lovely birds around the bird house. Definately something that makes me feel happy.

Viv, thanks for hosting. All of the entries have brought a smile.

Looking forward to next week.

pixie.png

This is my favorite photo of my dog, Pixie, that I enhanced digitally with Krita. I know it's cutesy to possibly an annoying degree, but she's incredibly precious and it just felt right to me. She's a chiweenie (chihuahua and dachshund mix) that I refer to as a Perma-Puppy because she's almost 3 but still looks like a puppy. I did try to do a proper digital painting but I'm still learning digital and the fur was all wrong and it just didn't do justice to her Royal Cuteness!

Wow...this is beyond me.

I checked the Moderator Logs. It says that I stuck "Scavenger Hunt #3 - Nov 26 - Dec 4" at 6:19 AM. I checked it right after I did that. It was there and then I moved on with my morning stuff on the forum. No other mods did anything else since.

Now it is gone!

Something must be up with the server or something, but Hannah would have to reboot it. She is still asleep.

I am so sorry for this inconvenience! Please be patient while we try to fix this later this morning. I feel terrible.

Wow...this is beyond me.

I checked the Moderator Logs. It says that I stuck "Scavenger Hunt #3 - Nov 26 - Dec 4" at 6:19 AM. I checked it right after I did that. It was there and then I moved on with my morning stuff on the forum. No other mods did anything else since.

Now it is gone!

Something must be up with the server or something, but Hannah would have to reboot it. She is still asleep.

I am so sorry for this inconvenience! Please be patient while we try to fix this later this morning. I feel terrible.
No worries! Tech hiccups happen. 🙂

Ohhhh, I see what happened. I stuck "Scavenger Hunt #3 - Nov 26 - Dec 4" not a Weekly Art Event. I do not know if that was ever posted. Sorry that I got that confused. That is a different forum all together.

Carry on.

If someone here posted this already, let me know, but it is not in the history.

Thanks for the explanation. Don’t feel bad! Will wait to see what happens.

I mean that no one has posted your new prompts in this forum yet. When you do, I will stick it. ;)

Sorry for the confusion.

I sent a reminder this morning to the person scheduled but I haven't heard anything back. I'll post a prompt later today if nothing shows up.

Back