WEEKLY ART EVENT FROM 19th Nov to 26th Nov

Thank you, Joy. Yes, sorry, I ought to have said. It is ink and coloured pencils.

Definitely a sign the doggies are happy! Nice one Penny (y):D

Viv - because we're back on GMT, we are now 11 hours behind you - I just usually work on a 12 hour difference with you lololol.
Yesterday, just getting home in one piece (heavy traffic, almost dark after sunset) made me happy! ... and thankful - but that's too complicated to paint!:LOL:
Maureen - We are now on Daylight Saving (an hour ahead) as in Summer. Does that make a difference?

Penny, lovely start for the week. They make me happy too. The ink and colored pencils go well together.

Maureen, had to chuckle about getting home in one piece. How true!

Penny, what a lovely drawing !
Cheers,
Patricia

I had planned on doing this is color but I just got carried away with the sketch and ended up in black and white. This is Artrage digital pencil and charcoal.

Many years ago we had a golden retriever who brought a great deal of joy to our lives. Now, when I see a golden, it brings back happy memories.

20211119D Golden Retriever (WAE, Pixabay).jpg

Thanks for hosting this week Viv.

I had planned on doing this is color but I just got carried away with the sketch and ended up in black and white. This is Artrage digital pencil and charcoal.

Many years ago we had a golden retriever who brought a great deal of joy to our lives. Now, when I see a golden, it brings back happy memories.

View attachment 13467
Thanks for hosting this week Viv.
Oh Anne, hes gorgeous! Our dogs spark so many memories for us dont they. After 6 years I still cant look at my paintings of my Newfounland "Blossom" without tears beginning. She was my special dog. I feel shes with me still, in my heart, forever. However, Ive had the same idea as you. For this WAE Ive been doing a painting of my little Jack Russel - who makes me happy too! Just need to finish it.

Ah! Lovely, Anne. Dogs really take hold of our hearts! You have drawn such silky fur!

My new kitten is 3 months old and Mini Pearl makes me happy when she is not clawing anything in sight including me. This watercolor 8.5x6 is done on pale yellow tinted paper.
View attachment 13536
Awww Kay she's gorgeous! Yes she will be full on at 3 months of age! Beautiful painting of her and I love the way you've handled the shadows in her white fur.

Reactions: pcj
I used to have a huge garden at our farm, but 3 years ago we had to move into the city because of my husband's health problems. Now I only have a tiny garden but I do have 3 roses in it. And my garden and the flowers in it, give me a lot of pleasure and makes me happy. This is the first flowers on my Rose "Just Joey" - sketched and painted today from life. I really enjoy sitting outside painting and sketching my flowers, and that makes me very happy! :)

This is Watercolor and Inktense Pencils on watercolor paper - 25cm x 30cm
WAE 19 Nov 2021.jpg

What a sweetie, Kay. Lovely to see her.

A beautiful rose, Viv. Nice to see it in Intense - lovely colours.

Back