WEEKLY ART EVENT FROM 19th Nov to 26th Nov

Hello everyone!

Schuee, your wagging tails piece is perfectly charming!

ams/Anne, your golden retriever is wonderful. I love the soft expression in his eyes.

Kay, that's a beautiful watercolor of your new Mini Pearl! Is she a seal point?

Vivien, your yellow rose is beautifully done! I'm sorry about your DH's problems and your smaller gardens, but at least you have something blooming now... There's snow on the ground here. :)

Charlie's Mum/Maureen, I absolutely love that piece!!!

I'm just trying to find a little time here and there to do ANY art, so I'm chiming in. lol! I just did this in pencil in my sketchbook (5.5" x 8.5") and I feel like I've succeeded, which makes me happy. I love old movies and I have been wanting to paint Myrna Loy for my dining room. I decided to do a sketch to see if I could achieve anything that looks like her, and I feel like I might be able to attempt a painting now. I've wanted to paint her and something related to fashion that was popular in the year my house was built. :)

Does it look like her? I know that her right eye and right side of face are 'off' a bit.
Thank you, Hostajunkie. Your Myrna Loy is very good. I like her films with the fox terrier and William Powell - a lot of fun.

ok, I'll try again. This is a painting I did for a friend who bought a house in Florida. It definitely makes me happy. lol!
View attachment 13642

edit: this time it loaded in-line! No idea why it didn't yesterday, but thanks, it works for me now.
I love the colours, well done. I find attachments happening instead of the photos Being embedded. I also get logged out each time I leave the site, even though I’ve ticked the box to stay logged in.

Thought I would share my project I worked on yesterday. This guy was given to me by my Best Friend a few years ago. When I brought him in for the winter I noticed he needed a freshen-up. I will varnish him in the spring and he will go at the base of my pink rose again. This is what I did.
20211123_180447.jpg

Nice sculpture Cindy. Certainly makes me feel good when I look at him. Looks like he would be fun to work on too.

Ah! Isn’t he sweet. Really makes me smile, Cindy. He must make you happy each time you see him.

Cindy, isnt he cute and all tidied up ready to go outside by his rose as soon as hes had a rest! Thank you for sharing!

Many thanks for everyone's beautiful entries for this Weekly Art Event! There will be a new Host with a new prompt word or phrase from Friday for the next week. 👍😀

Hello all, happy Thanksgiving, and a late (hope not too late) entry from me.

Schuee: your dogs trying to hypnotize the treats are wonderful - they put a smile on my face!
Anne: your portrait of your golden retriever is very nice, those soft gradation are very well done!
Kay: Mini Pearl is so adorable and perfectly painted as always
Vivien: I love your delicate orange rose, I love this color (I have an orange rose in the garden, they smell lovely) and you have painted it so effectively.
Maureen: powerful painting of your niece - yeah! (gorgeous colors, too!)
Hostajunkie: great drawing of Myrna Loy ( I don't know her, sorry, can't comment on the likeness). The drawing made you happy, that's good! The flamingoes are excellent: a great composition and excellenctly painted.
ntl: so adorable and full of action your little sketch. These spontaneous sketches are always making me happy ..And yours shows how much fun you have during the activity and while you were sketching it. Love it!
Cindy: how fitting in these times is your coach potatoe. I feel like this every evening...

One thing that makes me very happy is the little bird house (given to me by friends for my 50th birthday) that is attracting and feeding quite a range of birds: great tits, blue tits, crested tits, woodpeckers, a jay, blackbirds, vultures, starlings, robins, sparrows....

Watercolor Pencils and paper (A4) and some fineliner...

IMG_5383.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG

Cheers and have a nice holiday

Tanja

Hello all, happy Thanksgiving, and a late (hope not too late) entry from me.

Schuee: your dogs trying to hypnotize the treats are wonderful - they put a smile on my face!
Anne: your portrait of your golden retriever is very nice, those soft gradation are very well done!
Kay: Mini Pearl is so adorable and perfectly painted as always
Vivien: I love your delicate orange rose, I love this color (I have an orange rose in the garden, they smell lovely) and you have painted it so effectively.
Maureen: powerful painting of your niece - yeah! (gorgeous colors, too!)
Hostajunkie: great drawing of Myrna Loy ( I don't know her, sorry, can't comment on the likeness). The drawing made you happy, that's good! The flamingoes are excellent: a great composition and excellenctly painted.
ntl: so adorable and full of action your little sketch. These spontaneous sketches are always making me happy ..And yours shows how much fun you have during the activity and while you were sketching it. Love it!
Cindy: how fitting in these times is your coach potatoe. I feel like this every evening...

One thing that makes me very happy is the little bird house (given to me by friends for my 50th birthday) that is attracting and feeding quite a range of birds: great tits, blue tits, crested tits, woodpeckers, a jay, blackbirds, vultures, starlings, robins, sparrows....

Watercolor Pencils and paper (A4) and some fineliner...

View attachment 13842 View attachment 13843

Cheers and have a nice holiday

Tanja
That Bird House looks great, and the birds think so too!

Hostajunkie - I also looked up Myrna Loy. She was a beautiful lady, great hair too. I think your sketch is coming along nicely. Your flamingo pic is very cool too. I like the crop you used and bright cheerful colors.

Ntl - Great idea for both you and your dog. Fresh air, exercise and a bit of fun! Your picture depicts it perfectly. I want to go for a ride.
:)

Back