Unfinished Peregrine WIP

musket

Again from my mid teens, fourteen I think. I started drawing this immy peregrine from life (falconry bird) but never finished it. Pencil on Strathmore drawing paper, 11 x 14". Though it doesn't show well in the photo, the faint outline of the rest is visible on the original.

1964 Falcon Pencil Study.JPG

I can make out the whole sketch. You did a fine job on the head, and the eye. Showing your talent even then!

The texture on this paper looks nice. Do you think you'll ever finish it?

Beautiful musket. I wish you could finish it, but there is something about it that makes it cool that it is unfinished and as it is. It's almost gives it a narrative that would never be there if you had finished it. I really love this. It's really well done, obviously. ;)

Wonderful drawing, you've already captured his spirit !

Patricia

Hey Musket. Nice to see you here.
That's a very good start for a 14 year old.
Looking forward to the finish.

This is another brilliant drawing with super detailing. I knew this was a Peregrine as soon as I saw it. They are amazing birds and nice to see such a great head study of an endangered species.

John

Thanks all. Actually, the peregrine was removed from the ESL in 99, and is now a species of least concern. The comeback was made possible by falconers working with organizations like the Peregrine Fund in the US and the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds in the UK.

The Peregrine Fund

Back