Scavenger Hunt from Life #127: Aug 23 - Aug 31

I sketched at PT with Gene. I couldn't see from the window so had to be outside so it was quick as it is still "summer" in Texas. Only put in a few cars, there were many and some much closer. In the small travel Canson sketchbook with the Acurit 3.

csshfl127skyline.jpg

Ai, what a fun, tiny duck! How cute!! Whatever you used, that doll came out awesome!!

Bill, thanks so much for your comment !

Jo, nice, colorful breakfast plate...and it sounds yummy. I do my corn on the cob the same way and love how it comes out...but then I don't get to do a sketch with the husks pulled back. lol Your skyline sketch came out nice. Be careful out there in the heat!

Fletch, many thanks for your comments...as always!

EP, how funny that you found videos of the Lazy Bunny Ukulele Band. Their performance the other night was closer to the second video which is more "family friendly" than the first one. There were a lot of families and lots of kids there. The band contacted me and they are interested in buying the sketch and have posted it on their FB page.

Ned, nice tree sketch! I think the spotted lantern fly is slowly spreading up the coast here. Last year I saw only one. This year I saw 3 in one week.

14 - vehicle - watercolors and ink

IMG_5946.jpeg

15 - free space - watercolors ( I painted this house once before and sold the painting, so I wanted to do another painting of it. May do it yet again.)

IMG_5948.jpeg

Jo: great to see your quick sketch...Hope things are OK with both of you at the clinic.

Joan: Thanks...Bravo on the house and the plane sketch... They are both amazing.

Ned: thanks...Great tree sketch.

Many thanks for your comments, Bill and Ai!

Here's one last one for Ned's hunt from my day in NYC today.
16 - skyline - watercolors

IMG_5958.jpeg

Joan - Love that kind of gist/impression "get the essence" sketch.

I decided to avoid NYC and fly back from Albany instead. So I'll miss NYC this time.

Back