So I wrote a book....

Zen, I will tell you next week when it goes live on Amazon for Kindle/ereaders and paperbacks.

Just for the sake of truth in advertizing, it's not at all about art. It's a memoir of having grown up in the Borscht Belt Catskills hotel life, which you may have viewed in the fictional accounts of Dirty Dancing and Mrs. Maisel. Only this is the true backstage view on a very unique place and era.

Exciting! Writing a memoir is hard. I have done it. It took me nine years. :oops: ...After I published it, I regretted it and took it out of distribution. Too many crazy people came after me. :ROFLMAO:

Exciting! Writing a memoir is hard. I have done it. It took me nine years. :oops: ...After I published it, I regretted it and took it out of distribution. Too many crazy people came after me. :ROFLMAO:
OMG! I won't ask why, but that's about the last result any of us would want. Hope you're kidding.

Wait ... you mean Dirty Dancing was fictional? Good for you for writing your own personal account of that time. That's really exciting, Bart!

Wait ... you mean Dirty Dancing was fictional? Good for you for writing your own personal account of that time. That's really exciting, Bart!
Actually, Donna, it was a fictional love story, but much of what was depicted (aside from the Hollywood/Bollywood touches) is in fact pretty true to the times and the culture. But when my book comes out you can read what it was TRULY like.

There were actually quite a few movies made of that era, though most died in obscurity or were lost to the public's attention over the decades. Marjorie Morningstar, Mr. Saturday Night, etc. You probably never heard of or saw Sweet Lorraine nor Walk on the Moon, both of which are true enough to the times/culture that I share those with my kids for a less romanticized view. Most books focus on the entertainment side, the comedians, etc. that influenced American culture from the NYC TV and stage studios of the 50s and 60s.

My book is about what it was like more from the inside, from the standpoint of one who lived and worked it, rather than the glamorized tip of the iceberg. But hopefully enough of a strong personal story to grab your interest and let you know what resorts are truly based on, when you're not the guest in the hotel.

It was certainly a highly unusual upbringing in a unique place and time that will never be seen again.

Congratulations!

Hopefully I can get it onto my non-kindle Samsung Tab A....

Likely just an app to download.

Back