So I wrote a book....

That's got to be a story!
Not really a story. I just regretted it. Too many people contacted me after it was out and thought they "knew" me. And people who really knew me now knew too much about me and wanted to talk about it more as if I was willing to. I just wish I hadn't published it.

Not really a story. I just regretted it. Too many people contacted me after it was out and thought they "knew" me. And people who really knew me now knew too much about me and wanted to talk about it more as if I was willing to. I just wish I hadn't published it.
Ayin, I may already regret it. Just got a call at 6AM from some boiler room scripted person wanting to confirm I'm the author to invite me to a worldwide virtual authors' zoom. Yeah sure. I only need to go back to Brooklyn for a piece of that bridge.

Managed to awaken my wife, who was not amused.

The book has been out only a couple of days and already the telemarketers have researched my home phone. How lovely...

Got an absolutely terrific review of my book from the guy who really should know. Here's a quote:
“Indeed, it is that less than reverential attitude, along with the fact that he lived the story he is writing, that makes Charlow’s book so genuine….So here now is “A Catskill Carnival,” different from pretty much everything else you have ever read about the Borscht Belt hotels.”

John Conway, Sullivan County Historian, Author of Remembering the Sullivan County Catskills

Back