Sketching from Streetview

These are all delightful. I haven't looked in a while and it was a pleasant surprise to see how many sketches you have completed. Looks like you are having a lot of fun.

Thanks for looking and commenting Anne! Yes I'm enjoying it. It gives an interesting insight into different parts of the world as well as being really good drawing practice. I might not get as much time on this in December but I want to carry it on into next year, as well as another project I have lined up!

I'm working away from home for the next two weeks (I already can't wait to get back home!). I'm using a different sketchbook to my usual one - I bought it 2 years ago for using when I'm away and this is the second time I've used it 😄

I don't have a computer mouse either so I haven't moved the map very far. I was actually born not far from here. It's grey ink on cream paper.

20211206_222402.jpg

I haven't done much lately. I'm blaming it on the lack of daylight - no more than 6 hours a day this week, but thick cloud makes it seem like it never gets light.

So it was nice that today I found myself in Bermuda. It's on cream paper.

20211212_201338.jpg

I also foumd my notebook where I first started this project, in spring last year. It's a tiny notebook that I've had a while (hence the foxing on the first page).

20211212_202050.jpg
20211212_202159.jpg
20211212_202214.jpg
20211212_202239.jpg

So much interesting stuff to be found on Streetview! I'm glad you started this series of wonderful sketches :)

Yeah, so I've been seeing some strange stuff in the Streetview glitches. And I've embarked on some digital reworking of a couple of the images that I've come across. Fun!

Thank you Lamar. :)

Yes, some of the glitches are wonderful. Good to hear that you have a Streetview project on the go as well! 👍

Thanks Ayin! 🙂

The notebook that I originally started this in is size A7. So it is tiny. I may still use it from time to time.

Thanks Ayin! 🙂

The notebook that I originally started this in is size A7. So it is tiny. I may still use it from time to time.
I use a tiny sketchbook too: 3.5 x 5 inches. One of many others that are bigger, but that's my smallest one.

Thank you for looking and for commenting Jane! I'll definitely be continuing in the new year - it's been so helpful in getting me drawing again.

I finally got around to continuing my project today. I expected to have a break around Christmas but the new year started with my fiancé getting Covid (he was fine except for a sore throat), my mum, who was staying with us at the time, being absolutely terrified about catching it, then we all fell out over wedding plans 😄. Then my grandma died - not unexpectedly, but still very sad. Normality has almost resumed now so I feel I can start sketching again without worrying about anyone.

Drawing is definitely easier when you practice frequently. I got all the proportions wrong in this. The photo makes the paper look more yellow than it really is.

20220128_180204.jpg

Back