Sketching from Streetview

Kay, these are all excellent. Where do you find the time? The direct inks are really impressive.

Many thanks for looking and commenting Joy :)

I'm working from home at the moment, so when I've finished working I keep my laptop on and do my drawing straight after. The drawings usually take no longer than 30-40 minutes. I'm starting to really enjoy using ink now.

An urban scene today. I was brave and drew my person directly in ink. My favourite part is the laundry hanging in the upstairs window.

20211124_180631.jpg

I went to Idaho today. The road was very straight and the landscape very level with not many features, so I travelled a while and eventually I came upon this pickup with special Streetview modifications. I'm not sure how it holds together ...

20211125_175939.jpg

This is a great idea, Kay. You have sort of legitimized the posting of 'mere' sketches as a completed art work for me.
Yours are so good; keep 'em coming.

Thanks very much Trier, I appreciate your comments. I'm hoping to keep this going. :)

There is something about old/disused buildings that fascinates me. I tried to simplify the surrounding trees as much as possible so as not to lose this one against them.

20211128_152755.jpg

Today I ended up round the back of a service station at a place with the delightful name of Badger 🙂. I settled on drawing some really big digger buckets.

You would probably be surprised at the number of photos I've taken of this kind of thing over the last couple of years.

20211129_183636.jpg

I'm getting a bit more confident with the ink now. I didn't want any detail of the hedge to detract from the chapel, so I just left the shape of it.

20211201_181448.jpg

Back