Scavenger Hunt from Life: #90 - Nov 2 - 10

I got one more done at my desk in the BookFactory sketchbook with a micron 02.
#12 something you eat with a spoon - yogurt

csshfl90eat-with-spoon.jpg

And Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps #248! Semper Fi! To our son, David, and all the Marines!

Well RL kinda ate up most of my art time. Little time I had I worked in watercolor lessons. Several asked to see ad I have posted a few completed kessons in the water media forum. Pressure is on as plan is a watercolor snow scene for Christmas card. LOL

Jo z ice hatching on yogurt and spoon props on SP
Joan! Cars are tough. Excellent! Your digital art is great. Your SP looks like a graphite portrait.
Ai great plant sketches.
Pine Cone, your work always makes me think an I have learned so much from your insightful comments.

Fletch

Last edited:
Joan, amazing car/vehicle. You nailed it for sure.

Hi Fletch, your watercolors are really coming along. Applause!!

All — Sorry I'm late with these comments 🙏

Joan — Thanks so much for hosting a fun event!!! 😂
LOL about "shopping at home" by rediscovering your own jewelry 😄 Cool bed and linens, and amazing view of the Camry!!! 🚗
Thanks for the pic of the FineTec pearly-gold watercolor, sigh 😊😌 I had some acrylics that were pearly, but like you said, often hard to imagine using them 🤔 When I first got them, I used some colors boldly in a portion of a small (5x5?) painting. But it was not my fav effort LOL. So after that, several times, I used a rusty one, and a gold one, but very sparingly, like you are saying. But then I discovered that if I layered it beneath a later thin layer, it would add luminence to the following layer without being too distracting. I only did that a few times before becoming homeless, but it was fun. *BUT* what I was doing would NOT have worked with watercolor. With acrylics, I often painted a zillion layers. But I often let them dry in between. Although I often painted thin, and the colors, therefore, often interacted, the interactions were usually through transparency rather than through physical rewetting and mixture... 🧩
Sorry, I'm rambling 🤐 It was fun. I miss it.

JoC — Lovely leaves, and surprised how much nuanced shading you achieved with marker pens, especially with the leaves that have yellow edging!!! ☺️ Cool patterns on your ceramic still life and tempting sketch of yuuuummy yogurt 😋

Ai — Nothing is more important than you getting your rest *every* day, and your water *every* day. You know we love your art, but also know that it is *you* that we love and care for.

Joe/Fletch — Thanks so much! I'm hoping to check out your watercolors this afternoon 🙏

Pine Cone, I haven't used the iridescent watercolors much, but I thought that sometimes I go into the city and sketch a church with some gold tones in the dome or in the altar. It should work nicely for that.

Back