Scavenger Hunt from Life #88: Oct 17 - Oct 25

I had intended to include the prompt remove but some how I removed it in the final list, sorry
LOL No problem, can tie it to cleaning tool and draw on. They are both excellent. A sense of movement in well rendered hand and great detail in the CAT.

Joan, hi there, we need some of that rain.

Paul, you and Gene can bike, I'll stick to using my feet and aerobics. No balance for bikes and trikes. A CAT is a vehicle when you live in the country and your pickup is stuck in the mud!!

Joe, thanks. Gene's recumbent has a regular seat like a lawn chair, much, much better.

I sketched on the footstool yesterday evening and at my computer this morning using facetime for a mirror. Both in the bookFactory sketchbook with a Micron 02 for the nozzle and a Micron 01 for the selfie.

Number 1, nozzle - for the watering hose
Number 2, plump - me (doubles for plump in Inktober Day 19) (Posted my photo on my blog if interested)
csshfl88nozzle.jpg

csshfl88inktober19plump.jpg

Fletch, thanks. I’m glad what I sketch looks good to others. As artists we are our own worst critics.lol

Jo, nice work on that nozzle and the selfie. I don’t bike either. I’m not even good on a stationary one. My feet get tangled with the pedals. I like my feet to be firmly on terra firma unless I am in a pool.

The weather here went from hot and then dropped at least 20 or more degrees overnight. I went from wishing I brought shorts with me to wearing a lightweight down jacket and a scarf. Our apartment was really cold due to the fact that it had been so hot, the buildings hadn’t changed over to heat yet. We had to have a technician come and switch everything on for the heat. And the weather has been rainy so I’m trying to get out between the rain showers.

I have wanted to sketch this place many times but in the warmer weather the street is just too crowded to sketch there. Yesterday morning I was able to set up my stool st the edge of the narrow street across from it and sketch until I got too cold.

5 - a door or something you can enter - watercolors and ink

IMG_3751.jpeg

This was done at the Rialto Fish Market this morning.

6 - something you can eat - Watercolors and ink

IMG_3763.jpeg

Joan, your sketches are just amazing. Making me feel like I was there. Love the doorway to the Oyster place, hopefully I could find something other than oysters to eat there. Ha. Maybe squid. The fish market is so good I can smell it!! The pepper is great, it takes me much longer to sketch digitally, too. I like the peek of the canal down the alley with the doors and windows. You rock!!

I did an Inktober not from life and didn't sketch for here. Lazy.

Glorious sketches: Joan, Jo, and Paul. 🤩

Joan:
I still could not reach Venice seafood market. I hope we can be there next time with more days to explore.

Jo: Love the sketches great detail in hose and well done selfie plump = pretty

Joan: Great collection of sketches the Ostaria is my favorite, well done. Doing all these sketches beats the heck out of camera shots! Well done

Ai: Beautiful flowers well done...

I am out of pocket for the weekend see you at the end!

Joan: I am praying for great weather for your sketch trip in Venice. Pls say hello to Jerry for us. Would you mind sharing us a photo of how you set up a stool for sketching "...Yesterday morning I was able to set up my stool st the edge of the narrow street across from it and sketch until I got too cold...." in Venice if you have a chance. Much Thank you.

Jo: Thank you. LOL I was gonna do the similar pinching too... Well done. Love your plump self-portrait too.

Jo - the hatching on the nozzle is great. The self portrait for plump made me smile. Fabulous hand!

Joan - I know am ostaria is a café but Antico Dolo left me clueless so I typed Antico Dolo into Google to translate and instead a a page of articles and reviews of Ostaria Antico Dolo plus pictures. You definitely captured the the look!
IMG_2054.jpeg

Neat digi. Digits take me longer as I use the undo way too much. I use the eraser to much when using actual pencil but am worse with undo.

Paul - Nice job on the jar.

Ai -pretty flowers, to be honest it bugs me when you post beautiful gardens and flowers from local eateries as all the eateries here are surrounded by concrete and parking lots. Pretty sure I am jealous. Absolutely love the typewriter!

keep sketching
Fletch

Jo, thanks! Good idea with the pinching fingers.

Ai, I go to the seafood market here a lot. Hope you get to it the next time. It is amazing to see what they have. Nice garden sketch. Will try to remember to take a photo with the stool. It is so rare to see a typewriter these days.

Fletch, that’s it! I have never been inside. I should check it out. Usually I go out sketching in the morning and come back to the apartment so we can have lunch. There are a few restaurants in the square here so we have been sticking to them because they don’t involve getting Jerry across a bridge. Even with the rolling walker he’s having trouble. The cobblestones make his walking hard.

Joan - Love ”leaky”. 🤣. Did not read the reviews but did look at the food photos posted. It has a 4.5 star review on YELP. I did not know that was international.

Fletch

Last edited:
Fletch, we all need to go meet Joan and Jerry for lunch at the Ostaria!

Joan the boat/ship is wonderful. Wow!! Your version wont leak.

Back