Scavenger Hunt from Life #68 May 10 - May May 18, 2023

Hi Ya’ll, lovely work!

Joan, Wet grey rocks are good eyesurfing

Jo C. Great still life. The background is full o movement like a wavy towering held back by lazy objects….like the interplay of purple and musty yellow browns

EP …you steal my heart with the monotone study…..iwannadoit, I wanna do it now!! Double Foot stomp tantrum

Ai, swank simplicity just happens sometimes in the commons… nice catch, glad you pulled up a chair. ;>}

Paul, thanks for a everything -quite -handy -and -fun list. As for your poetic inspiration mysteries, I am totallly in a swamp…can’t understand to coronation but love how ept Ep and JoC are st it.

Fletch and Paul…thanks for your military service. You are wonderful and adventurous souls. My hubbie was in Iraq a couple years and did environmental work for government in a lot of places.

I hope to get to some sketching soon….

EP, like the tealy colored sketches of items. Nicely done a la Ai! Knives and clippers look dangerous to me always. I get too close to the quick or my fingers. Ha.

Ai, love the red plastic chair ...and table. Nice work.

Hi Joe, thanks again to you and Paul for your service to our country. Paul, Gene was in the Air Force as well on a missile launch crew for the Atlas F. Just did his 3 1/2 years and went back to college.

Robin, lovely to see you and read your comments. Thanks, you know me and brown..... Take care.
I sketched on the porch yesterday and at my desk today in the ArtStreet sketchbook.
Number 6 and 7, tongs and work scissors (they will cut about anything) with Micron 03
Number 8, art pencils or line marking tool with Pilot ballpoint pen
csshfl68tongs.jpg

csshfl68pencils.jpg

Ai - lovely red chair. And thank you. I wonder how it seems to have "EP-ness" ... messy? :)
Joe - thank you. Yes the tongs are vicious... the knife looks menacing but it's dull
Robin - thank you. Monochrome ... go for it! I'm doing them monochrome because I'm such a beginner so I need to work on masses and wetness and I don't need to have the complication of colour.
Jo - thak you. I've seen one person being too ... aggressive? trimming dog toenails and causing bleeding ... just leave the nails a bit longer and trim them again later, particularly for dark nails where you cannot see the quick (if that's what it's called). Oh and make sure to wear earplugs and have some protection for dog scratches on bare arms and legs. Some dogs DO! NOT! LIKE! this operation and will yelp and protest like they are being tortured. Yahoo tongs!

I added some wee colour to my earlier sketch.

hunt68-01c.jpg

Joe nice There is a good chance I audited a government contract in you defense contractor facility... So.... in Florida I would on occasion go to Martin Marietta Corp ( now Lockheed), Raytheon, Boeing, and BAE, Northrop(?) we may have even passed somewhere along the liMo
Moved to Florida when I retired. But started work as a contractor with Librascope in 79. I worked in Middletown, Rhode Island and Manassas, Virginia. Over the years we were went through being an independent company as well as being owned by Singer, Loral, and Lockheed Martin before being absorbed by Lockheed in the late 90s.

Jo - I like that style hatching you used. Not sure what to call it. Casual hatching?

EP. - Adding color. Hmm is this a next step in learning or just and experiemnt?

I did not do anything for the hunt yesterday or today but I did work on my course both days. So had art time.

Keep sketching
Joe

Joan: Thanks.... Those are great flowers and love the color. Not sure what
type of flowers but they remind me of Lilacs, well done

EP: Thanks... I like your watercolor style. My outlet adapter is a little narrow of
an item for a hunt but I needed something that started with O and was fumbling
and was all I could come up with. After using the color orange for O I was basically lost.

Jo: Thanks.... well done pen sketches of tongs and work scissors they look dangerous and wouldn't
want to pinch my fingers with those. Very creative pencil sketches tough view well done

Ai: Thanks... Well done aligning the chair with the table, often my sketches with table
and chairs look like they don't belong together, well done.

Joe: Thanks... Ah... yes wine would fit well here!

Robin: Thanks... look forward to seeing your sketches.

To all here who dabble in digital art. I found a cool file that was created by matching pigment colors with RBG codes. I know it works in Procreate but would work in any app that.lets you import files and allows you to pick colors by sampling.

attaching a resized version as seeing it is clearer than my explanation. If you want a copy let me know and I will email one.

IMG_1679.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy Mother'
Joe - thank you. The addition of colour was because the sticks were orange and red so I wanted to capture that. Oooh look at all those yummy colours :)
Paul - thank you.
s Day to those who celebrate!

Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are moms!!!

EP, you're right on both counts. The red building is a train station and the flowers on the building are wisteria. Fun utensils and stuff. I like those tongs. They were the ones everyone had before they came out with the new fancy ones with the special tips.

Jo, the wisteria does disappear quickly. I always check the manor house at the Arboretum near me because I know they have some that is in bloom usually at this time of year. One year they cut back all the vines and I thought it was gone, but it came back in full.

Ai, mmm...a red plastic chair. Nice sketch! I always think those are so flimsy looking. I like a solid chair that stays put. lol Thanks for your comment.

Joe, I like wisteria but it is hard to find. I'm always searching for it. :) I see you and Paul have a bit in common.

I spent the afternoon at a park down by the beach...lots of Mother's Day picnics going on.
6 - brownish color (picnic tables & trees) - watercolors and ink
7 - red color (checkered table cloth)

IMG_2454.jpeg

Happy Mother's Day, a bit late!

EP, the watercolor is a challenge. I'm beginning to be more confident with it. Lots of practice required. Fun adding the red color.

Joe, good idea to call my scribbling "relaxed hatching". I like that.

Paul, I think those scissors would do more than pinch! They really cut!! Someone asked the brand. They are C. Jet Tool

Joan what a good find for the picnic today. Movement and color. Nice.

Son and wife came from Kentucky. We had a great day with all our "kids" except Larry. Missed the grand kids, though.

Joe I would be interested in playing with the file here is my e-mail PaulJMooney108@gmail.com thanks
To all here who dabble in digital art. I found a cool file that was created by matching pigment colors with RBG codes. I know it works in Procreate but would work in any app that.lets you import files and allows you to pick colors by sampling.

attaching a resized version as seeing it is clearer than my explanation. If you want a copy let me know and I will email one.

View attachment 30522

Joan: Thanks.... Those are great flowers and love the color. Well done

EP: Thanks... Like your watercolor style. My outlet adapter is a little narrow of
an item for a hunt but I needed something that startted with O and was fumbling
and is all I could come up with. After using the color orange I was basically lost
for item starting with O.

Ai: Nice sketch of table and chair. I find those types of sketches difficult my table and chair typically
don't like they go together, well done.

Jo: Thanks....

Joan - thank you - wonderful tablecloth (checkered? Or that style of cloth that I cannot think of the name at present but it's marked with stripes in both directions and sewing teachers wanted people to start with that to try to sew in a straight line, lol. Oh this was back in the day with sewing classes at school and likely those classes have been discontinued .... )
Jo - thank you
Paul - great ink and watercolour. Well done to the tree for figuring out where is "up" when on such a steep hillside :)

Joan - With all those beautiful greens that red check table cloth just glows! Great perspective on the people.

Paul - Nicely done. Like your style

EP - was it gingham? Years ago we had blue VW bus and my wife made blue and white gingham curtains for it.

Keep sketching
Joe

Thanks all for kind words.... sorry for my slow and busy with work. Now I feel like sketching rusty...

Joan: lol it was a red metal chair... I will try to draw it again... I got many proportion off.

Back