Scavenger Hunt from Life #67: May 2 - May 10

We are at Krabi, the tropical island province of southern Thailand
#4 Lily's playground today ... at Porda Island
#5 bumpy ... the cut away pinetrees on the bottom left

1683203732481.jpg

1683203738214.jpg

Ai, your get away spot looks lovely. Enjoy and relax.

We walked this morning. Stopped by the playground. It is in the Ohuhu sketchbook so I could add watercolor. I used the watercolor markers. I waited too long to blend. It says not to put water on the markers so I should mark and blend in small steps instead of trying to cover a large area. I will learn sometime. Ha. The marker picked up some ink. I was surprised.
Number 6 playground - There is a teeter totter and a tower to climb and more "stuff". This is about half of the equipment.

csshfl67playground.jpg

Last edited:
Joan - Senior moments are becoming more frequent down here. Not sure if Hunt topics were perfect for bottles or bottles perfect fir the Hunt. Either way the bottles are beautifully done. Like the reflections in the atomizer glass and way you did the purple bottle is like a lesson in how to paint glass.

Jo - Nice pen work but was hoping to see more watercolor. You are getting quite good. Jungle gym looks fun. Did you try it out or just paint it?

Ai - Beautiful beach-scape! Enjoy!

Keep sketching
Joe

Lot of nice work so far. Will be back to comment later..

Challenge 4 associations: not sure those associations work but all I could think of for the moment
(1) Exterior [looking out to the exterior of my house]
(2) playground [my back deck is MY playground] I can smell the steaks cooking
(3) Old [my grill is old and will be replaced this year]
(4) Trees [in the background]

hunt67Challenge.jpg

#6 sub. courtyard with ground area around the Emerald pool of Krabi. It is a natural spring water pond..reflecting light in blue-green color...the natural spring water flows into it and flows out of it constantly...creating a giant swimming pool effect that everyone enjoys.

1683271355732.jpg

1683271367864.jpg

1683281821249.jpg

20230505_094702.jpg

Attachments

• 20230505_094702.jpg
    20230505_094702.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 32
Joe, hi there. Ha, ha. No didn't try the playground. I'm as big as the slide!

Paul, wow, great sketch out your doors. Welcoming.

Ai, love your ground area/courtyard. So beautiful.

As usual on the porch. Forgot to take a photo. The most people we've seen. Looked like a couple of families that knew each other stopped to chat and pick the blackberries. I didn't sketch them all. Lots of moving around with the kids and baby, so ....
Number 7 moves - people Sketched in the ArtStreet sketchbook so couldn't put watercolor. This is Micron 03 and colored pencil.
csshfl;67moves.jpg

Ai: Quick start nice pen drawings and unusual art tool. How
do you use the syringe? Well done airplane and love the interior and hair sketch
Beautiful color in water for park and the Emerald park looks
great. Love the ThaMuang bay! When we visited Thailand a number of years
ago we went to Phuket which I think is in that area and the beach and waters
were amazing, really enjoyed the area

Joan: Nice sketch of park looks cold and like the rain is
on its way, well done, nice boat and building. Playground looks like fun hope
that little boy had a smooth landing. Good find for smooth and nice bottle collection

Jo: Great sketch of yard tool. Nice find for rough, like the coffee mug
and bird feeder and another well done tree. Nice park I bet that slide was
tough to sketch, well done. Good find for moves great scene.

#8 rough ... rocks..lots of it
#4 parked . those parked boat ...done by ink in Lamy fountain- pen

1683379917786.jpg

Ai, I'm loving your vacation! Thanks for sharing the photos and your lovely paintings. Fantastic sketch of the rocks and the parked boat. When i scrolled quickly and saw a boat I figured it would be from Joan! Nice you are finding time to sketch.

Paul,Jo,Joan , wonderful kob.
AI, beautiful places, both shots and paintings are great

Joe, yes the blackberries are wild. Wish they were blueberries instead. Ha.

joe1lt, thanks so much.

I sketched on the porch on my iPad with Brushes (app).
Number 8 - tree

csshfl67tree.jpg

I meant to send this panoramic view from our porch the last Hunt:
view.jpg

Ai: Great job on the rocks and the Move sketch is amazing
love the water color and boats are very well sketched yeah!

Joe:Thanks....

Joe7lt: Thanks

Jo: Thanks... love your tree sketches! The panoramic is beautiful,
great source for tree references.... well done

Jo, thanks. I can almost reach out and feel the texture of that wicker! I like seeing the contrast of the smooth thermos and the bumpy glass on the bird feeder. Love the people picking berries. Nice work on the trees!

Ai, that looks like such a magical place. I've really enjoyed all the photos you've been posting on FB. I love when you take us along on your trips. Love all the sketches especially the beach and that beautiful emerald pool. The boat tied up at the shore line is great too!

Paul, thanks for your comments! :) Great tree signs attached to the lamp post!

Joe 1, thanks.

I met up with the NYC Urban Sketchers today. Our location was between E 39th and E 34th (near Grand Central). We sketched swimwear-clad sculptures by a NY artist named Carole Feuerman that she calls "Sea Idylls."There are nine sculptures on display on the median in the center of Park Avenue. Each was unique and fun to sketch. One of them fits a few items in the hunt.

9 - slick(er) - watercolors and ink (This one was called "New York City Slicker.")
10 - street sign
IMG_2382.jpeg

11 - Tree - watercolors and ink (The statue at E37 St is called “Justice”. It shows a woman in a bathing suit sitting on top of a chrome sphere that reflects the viewer, the street, the city and even the world. I even snuck a mini me in the reflection on the sphere.)

IMG_2380.jpeg

12 - interior - watercolors and ink

IMG_2386.jpeg

Here are a few photos of the actual sculptures.
IMG_2377.jpegIMG_2373.jpegIMG_2371.jpegIMG_2370.jpegIMG_2368.jpegIMG_2367.jpeg

Ai - what a cute plane - colours like a candy cane :) Is it mandatory to wear a mask on the plane? Love the greens and blues in your beach piece. Stunning photos of that Emerald pool area. Yahoo boats in the bay. Oh wow you have such great pieces in ink and watercolour - so fantastic.

Jo - yay the fellow doing lansdcaping :) You have great patience to render wicker. I haven't heard about Loblolly Pines - native to South East USA which I have never visited - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_taeda "As of March 2014, it was the organism having the largest sequenced genome size. Its genome, with 22 billion base pairs, is seven times larger than that of humans." - how cool! Oh yay another cool playground. Yay for your digital trees. Check out that view from your porch - wowowowow

Joan - what a tricky perspective - that sailboat on the cart/trailer. Yay look at those kids enjoying the playground :) Oh ho check out those groovy perfume bottles! Fun city slicker... and how does that reflection show upright? When I've seen reflections on the Bean in Chicago those seem to be upside down? Is it the surface curve convex versus concave? Hmmmm... I need to refresh my knowledge .... Edited - I've checked out the wikipedia page for that sculpture and the reflections are upright so maybe it's my memory of other people's travel photos that's upside down, lol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Gate

Paul - wonderful tidy view out the doors to the porch

Will come back later to comment

#6. Vase
#7. Favorite Art Tool
#8. Unusual Art Tool ( Sea Sponge)
#9. New Boots Just bought new work boots for yard work
#10. Fruit Halo/Tangerine

Attachments

• hunt67d.jpg
    hunt67d.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 38
Back