Scavenger Hunt from Life #62: Mar 23 - Mar 31

Paul, excellent selfie... Intense thought involved. Coffee cup for my collection. I like the wheel! Fun finds.

We had a delayed birthday celebration yesterday and music at The Bugle Boy. (They stream most shows) I just can't sketch and listen at the same time anymore. Ha.

Joan - Love old churches. The architecture is amazing. Great job! Beach looks inviting. Well done. Sky is super.

Jo - Neat job on whistle even if I feel bad knowing you wiped off the beautiful tree.

Paul - Nice group of sketches. Like the self portrait best.

Keep sketching
Joe

#7. Honey
#8. People
#9. Lollipop (Tootsie Roll Pop)
#10. Things (Key/Thing Holder)
#11. Wanted (cup cake)

Sketched in my 8.5" X 11" sketch book pen and ink plus colored pencil about 45 minutes
NOT SURE THIS UPLOAD IS WORKING CORRECTLY WILL TRY TO UPLOAD LATER

Attachments

• hunt62a.jpg
    hunt62a.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Ai, I had a few sketchbooks in the project in Brooklyn too. I have a hard time giving up my sketchbooks. lol Have a wonderful trip to Atlanta. Too bad I'm not traveling down to see my family near Atlanta. It would have been fun to connect in person again. Travel safely!

Jo, thanks. As a matter of fact I think that they probably serve margaritas at the snack bar at Smith Point. They have music there in the afternoons and evenings in the summer.

Paul, I spy a selfie! Good reflection. I like your initialized mug and your wheels. Fun honey bear. I like your key holder and the people. Yummy tootsie pop and cupcake!

Joe, thanks so much.

Today the NYC Urban Sketchers had a "Portrait Party." Here are a few to qualify for "people." We each did 12 portraits of people in our circle and each one was done in 10 minutes. I'll attach a photo of the portraits done my my pod of 13 people as they were displayed at the end of the day.

3 - people - watercolors and ink

IMG_2067.jpegIMG_2066.jpegIMG_2069.jpegIMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2076.jpeg

Hi, Joe. Thanks.

Paul, great sketches. Love the Honey and the cupcake. I recognize that type, but can't think of the name. I always like Ding-Dongs.

Joan, looks like you did great at the portrait party. Fun to see all the different takes.

I didn't sketch again, tired then went to the baseball game and even came home early from that. Back tomorrow.

Hi, Joe. Thanks.

Paul, great sketches. Love the Honey and the cupcake. I recognize that type, but can't think of the name. I always like Ding-Dongs.

Joan, looks like you did great at the portrait party. Fun to see all the different takes.

I didn't sketch again, tired then went to the baseball game and even came home early from that. Back tomorrow.
Thanks.... the cup cake was Hostess Cup Cakes, my wife's favorite.. When I get in the dog house I would bring some home for her.😁

Paul & Joan: Great collection, well done.

Jo: Thanks. Have a good relaxing time.

Jo - thanks for the new/old list :) Yay song titles! A cat whistle. Reminds me of an ocarina (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocarina)
Joe - fun floor tiles
Joan - fun church top. How did you do the greens? Love the sky on your beach approach sketch. Yahoo people/portrait sketches!
Paul - yahoo on your mirror and bottles etc. sketch. Oooh a honey bear

Paul - Nice set of sketches. The bear shape honey jar is my fav. Upload may not have worked but attachment is great.

Joan - thanks for sharing your whole groups’s “people” efforts. If I decoded properly yours are the 7th row which means the 7th column are portraits of you. I like some of the style especially Leslie’s (8th row) although her portrait of you does not really look like you.

Ai - Fun sketch of Beethove.

#2 1962 - graduated. Over years my wife has put together a collection of figures to represent major events in my life. This one actually is for my undergrad degree but rethemed it to HighSchool for the Hunt. Figure and image are both about 3 inches tall. I also think this description took longer to type than it took me to draw.LOL

29596CAE-BA9D-4BD5-B0F9-A811BAAE2DF0.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Paul, yep that's it! I don't think they make Ding Dongs anymore so I go for the awful little chocolate donuts, the icing is like wax. I love them when we are on the road! I think Hostess makes the best/worst ones. Ha.

Ai, your Beethoven made me smile. Fun to find. Yes, I had a quiet day.

Joe, I love your graduate! What a fun way to have your memories. Nicely drawn for a fast draw. I like Reese's but Snickers is my candy bar.

I sketched quickly by my drawing table, the mess on top.... Always junk and no room to do art. Ha.

Number 2, things - in the ArtStreet Sketchbook with a Micron 03

csshfl62things.jpg

Jo: Thanks, nice art table that looks organized to me
you should see mine I couldnt posiibly bring home enough
Hostess Cup Cakes to get my wife to look the other
way.

Joe: Thanks, great figure sketch. Your wife treats you pretty
good to put that collection together, nice. That sounds like
a very interesting project. Oh by the way Reese's is my favorite
in case you are interested

Joan: Thanks, 10 minute portraits thats pretty amazing
good on you those portraits are very well done.

Ai: Thanks, well done Beethoven

Eyepaint:
Thanks

. I like Reese's but Snickers is my candy bar.
Sha loves snickers too but Ferrero Rocher and Reese’s are tops. Snickers is third and gathers me few points.
Think we could have a cluttered desk contest.
Joe

Last edited:
Paul - Pretty sure liking wine and chocolates is a Hunt requirement. And Reese’s is hard to not like.😎

Robin *waves

jJoe

Paul, I always loved the Hostess Cup Cakes...oh, that creamy filling! I haven't had one in years and don't remember the last time I saw them sold anywhere.

Ai, thanks. When do you leave for ATL? Good bust of Ludwig!

EP, thank you. I used a turquoise mixed with a bit of some yellow and burnt Sienna for the church steeple. I just played until it looked close enough.

Joe, at the end of the portrait party my group did some portrait swapping, so I have about 7 of the portraits that were done of me. They are fun to see and most don't really resemble me...but two of them do. Cute graduation statue.

Jo, love the stuff on the art desk. I don't have an art desk so there is stuff everywhere. It doesn't help that I'm participating in something called Sketchbook Revival and there are two different artists each day doing a lesson to follow...and using different materials. Yikes!!!

Robin, hi and thanks.

Paul, I love Reeses too, but Lindt chocolates are my favorite. I've gotten into eating the dark chocolate ones because they are healthier. lol But I gave up anything chocolate for Lent. It is the only way I can tame my sugar cravings. I'm a no to Snickers.

4 - reflections - watercolors and ink

IMG_2079.jpeg

I'll use another one of the portraits for this one.

5 - hair - watercolors and brush pens

IMG_2073.jpeg

Joan: I will leave Bangkok on our Thursday 10:00 am (about your Wed. 10 PM. time...) It would take us more than 24 hours to get to Atlanta on US's Friday almost midnight...

All: Thanks for kind support.

Back