Scavenger Hunt from Life #130: Sep 16 - Sep 24

#1 Old - "from late 1400"
Oil on canvas, close to 30x40 cm, pleinair.
IMG_20240917_103132~2.jpg

Joan - the dunes are simply gorgeous.

Ai - love the warm inviting feel of this. I had to laugh at the little whale in outline of the hand. Thank you.

Brian - great job on pine cone. Two ways to get lost in a drawing. You can get lost in the details or get into a zone and lose track of time. Think Millais did both ..got lost in time with all that detail.

Mosc - Beautiful. Love the reflections.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Ai, I love the little whale chopstick rest! That is a nice souvenir of Japan.

Moscatel, thanks so much!

3 - something from outside - watercolors (Nearly finished on location. It needs a few more touches to be complete.)

IMG_6105.jpeg

Moscatel - I love the painting of the building. Where is it located? It may be from the 1400s but is still standing strong! Great job on the reflections!!

Fletch, thanks. You know me and the Long Island beaches.

Brian, the candleholder is so well done! I think I would be using that while I wandered at night in the building Moscatel painted.

Joan, your lighthouse is wonderful... Your water scene with the bridge is old school. Nice.

Ai love the park scene. Great shadows. Cute chop stick holder. You have fun items.

Brian, good job on the pine cone. So easy to get lost... Interesting Millais painting. The candlestick is perfect... retro.

moscatel, what fun to have oil sketches. The plein air is soooo good.

My painting buddy from Michigan arrives today for 3 days. I'm sure our plalying will fit in here.

Ai, thanks!

Moscatel, thanks for the info on the castle. How wonderful that it is so close. Doing a nocturne sounds like a great idea. I looked at the link and the photos are really nice. I'd be there painting it too. I like your plein air...too bad you missed the mist, but it is a great painting even without it.

Jo, thank you. How fun that your painting friend will be visiting for a few days. That is always special.

I sat in Sayville for a little bit sketching today.
4 - street signs - watercolors and ink
5 - traffic control device
6 - living (trees and plants)

IMG_6107.jpeg

I'll post my work first and then return with comments. These are ink, printer paper.
1. fits in your hand - wireless earbuds
2. bigger than a breadbox - bookcase
3. something artificial - office chair
4. view in the window
5. view out of the window (bonus same window)
6. animal - crocheted stingray that I posted a photo of earlier.
hunt130-01.jpg

These are from the previous hunt #129:

1. sports field
2. water feature
3. person
4. item to eat
5. something in a bottle
6. something in a box

hunt129-01.jpg

Cheers,

Moscatel: Thanks.... Wowza on the nature scene, esp. the water reflection. Love the fresh air it brings...

Joan: Thanks... So lively and beautiful charming city scene.

EP: Great to see lots of your sketches.... so cool.

Animal. But of course, everything is still life, so this is a plastic toy sheep. It looks like it's a simple thing to draw, until you begin to swing it around and try drawing it from various angles, including unfamiliar ones, such as partly from below. Then it turns into a nightmare, which is a good thing, because nightmares teach us how to draw. :)

DSC_2419.JPG

#3 Something ??? - "something I found at the beach .. a lake view."
I mainly parked my easel here because there was nobody around, all beach just for us. Husband went for a swim, the ground under water was sand so it was really nice to swim. This place is distant and I and my cat heard lots of different unique birds singing or giving their voices.

IMG20240918121314~2.jpg

there's my Bengal cat having siesta on the blue seat. She's in a leash, 7 meters long leash, so she won't run away. She can move around.
IMG20240918105407.jpg

Joan, your welcome! Lovely painting of a complicated/busy looking urban view in Sayville ! Well done! I enjoy your paintings from outside.
EP, excellent work!
Ai, thank you for your kind words! It's fresh air here, I like it for pleinair.
Brian, love your sheep. 🐏 🐑 🐏 🐑

EP, thanks for the sketches for this hunt and for the last one. Glad you sketched for both. Love the office windows...in and out!

Ai, thanks so much. I like sketching the little corners in towns.

Brian, fun sketches of the sheep from various angles! Glad to see so many!!

Moscatel, I love your setup on the beach. Glad you had company while you painted that lovely view. Nicely done!!

Brian - The candlestick is rendered elegantly. Excellent. The sheep all have excellent proportions and textures! Great work.

Joan - The bridge view has a very impressionistic feel to it. Very relaxing as opposed the the busy corner in Sayville.

Moscatel. - Gorgeous. I love how the photo in situ looks to lineup perfect with the view. 👍🏽. The lake view from the beach is also stunning. The photo of Muffin resting highlights the beauty of the area.

EP - Love your little windows on the world. Seeing our little stingray friend brought a smile. Thanks.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Back