Scavenger Hunt #73 Jun 19- 27

-2,dog and camera, from photo in live youtube,3 draws (quelli piccoli ai lati) are from live,video,.
bic in a5 .
they are not real drawings from life, tomorrow I can put the photo, now it's only on the phone, tomorrow I connect via the computer and send it. draws from last night

#9 mountain...near our cabin, Ratchaburi, Thailand...directwatercolor

1000014806.jpg

Joe1 - good proportions on all the faces. The dog is great!

Ai -You captured a lot of depth. Nice job.

#1 bicycle - closest thing we have to a bicycle is our exercise bike. About a 10 min sketch using HB graphite in 8.5x5.5 sketchbook. Not a terrific image. Drew it standing in corner holding sketchbook in hand. .🤣😎

IMG_1741.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Joe1 - good proportions on all the faces. The dog is great!

Ai -You captured a lot of depth. Nice job.

#1 bicycle - closest thing we have to a bicycle is our exercise bike. About a 10 min sketch using HB graphite in 8.5x5.5 sketchbook. Not a terrific image. Drew it standing in corner holding sketchbook in hand. .🤣😎

View attachment 31371

Keep sketching
Fletch
And here you could have been riding it for physical exercise at the same time. Or maybe just idly moving the peddles back and forth to fool the counter into moving... ;)😆;)
Nice work for such awkward positioning.

Joe- great features and expression captures- good work!

Ai- that is a lovely view to have outside your door.

Ai - oooh temple. Oooh barge. And thank you. Mmmm green view from cabin :)
Joan - yay!
joe1lt - lovely page of marks
Joe - thank you. Aha exercise bike. I've always thought that the cycle power should power a TV ... you gotta keep pedalling if you want to keep watching a show :)

Can't believe I never thought of looking through my Hawaii trip sketches for this hunt thanks for the reminder folks.. I found three that fit.....
Will come back later to comment.....

1, Hot Air Balloon --- Waikiki Beach left of tallest building
2, Local Landmark --- Waikiki Beach a view of Diamond Head from our balcony
3. Tree --- Maui view from our balcony there.

Attachments

• WikikiDIAMONDHEAD.jpg
    WikikiDIAMONDHEAD.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 28
  • WaikikiHOTAIRBALOON.jpg
    WaikikiHOTAIRBALOON.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 24
  • MauiTREES.jpg
    MauiTREES.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 23
Joe 1, nice shapes of the cats hidden in there! I checked your IG and you have some really nice figures there...cute doggie too. I followed you.

Joe, thank you. I love how you appreciate my Long Island scenes. Nice view and sketch of the stationary bike...a bit from above.

Ai, the landscape looking toward the mountain is so nice. Good job on the variety of greens.

EP, thanks. I like your idea for the TV powered by the exercise bike. I'm sure that somewhere someone has one that does that.;)

Paul, nice sketches from your trip. Did you climb up Diamond Head? I remember my sister going up with her adult daughter and she reached a point where she just sat down in the shade and said she couldn't go any higher. She wasn't sure she could make it back down. I didn't go there when I was in Hawaii, but I did go to the Arizona Memorial among other places. We spent most of our time on Maui. Pretty area.

6 - local landmark - direct watercolor "The Big Duck" is about a half hour drive from me. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and was built in 1913 by a duck farmer who used it as a shop to sell ducks and duck eggs. (Long Island had a long history of duck farming.) Right now the building has a gift shop inside. I never seem to time it right and every time I'm there it is closed. The building has been moved several times since I first saw it back in the 70s, but it seems to have found a permanent home.

IMG_2782.jpeg

Paul - yahoo Hawaii sketches. The view of Diamond Head and the Waikiki beach view are both bang-on from what I can recall :) I've never been to Maui other than at the airport.
Joan - thank you. Yahoo there is the big duck.

thank you all for the nice words.
Ai, Joe, Poel, Joan, wonderful job.
Joan, thanks, that giant duck is amazing.

Joan, I knew you would find a sailboat and lighthouse. Nicely done on both. I don't use my camera anymore either. I really smiled when I got to the duck building/landmark. So nicely done.

EP, I applaud you for keeping up with your uke and guitar picking. I just couldn't get my fingers tough enough, they collapse over two strings even on the wide banjo strings. Sounds like a fun sailboat demo!

Ai, ooooh, nice temple. You always share something wonderful with us. Nice "catch" of the boats, too.Tree is great and flower is beautiful. The mountain is a wonderful landscape.

joe1lt, your cats are fun with the images all intertwined. Nice. The portraits with the dog are exceptional.

Joe, so hard to sketch standing up. One of Gene's sisters had a bike like that. I liked it. Hard perspective, too. Good job on that!

Paul, great sketches on your Hawaii trip. Makes me want to go back and brings fond memories, too. One about our daughter born on the 4th of July. We got to Hawaii on the 3rd as I recall and there were scatterings of fireworks and firecrackers dropped out of the hotels, so they would bang as they fell to the streets. Our daughter said, "Wow, they celebrate my birthday here, too!"

I did a couple of quick sketches downtown on Thursday with the Acurit pen in the little travel sketchbook. Added watercolor at home. It covers some mistakes as the sketches reminded me of my great grandson's sketches at 4 years old. Ha.
Number 3 landmark - the local Bastrop Opera House https://bastropoperahouse.org/
Number 4 hot air balloon - sub balloons on a new art coop. (Haven't been in there yet.) Looks like vintage clothes on the rack or ??? I need to check it out, but we were in a hurry.

csshfl73landmark.jpg

csshfl73ballon.jpg

eyepaint: Thanks.. like your guitar study of different views

Robin: Well done cup cake and sunflower, nice find.

Joan: Great sail boat,light house, and landmark. The duck landmark is
quite unique and intersting. Didn't climb up Diamond Head
but we did pretty much the same as you.. Went to the Arizona
Memorial and did a lot of walking around. We spent most of
our time in Maui which is very beautiful and drove the Highway to Hana
which was pretty amazing.

Ai: Nice temple, tug boat, and Thai Calla Lilly flower. I like
the mountain scene

Joe1lt:
Like the street scene of the cats, great people sketch
reaaly like the person holding the dog, well done

Joe: Good sketch of bike from your view. Good way to get the heart pumping

Jo: Thanks. Love your daughter's birthday story that was very funny. Like your
locaal landmark and hot air balloon sub. Very colorful...

JStarr - if I tried to draw while riding all you would see is the screen and handlebar. And drawing covered in sweat spots.😁

EP - that idea would definitely get me riding more.😇

Paul - Your Hawaii sketches are going to hold a lot more memories that any photos you took, Doing intervals on the bike definitely gets the heart going!💓

Joan - I am 6’2” and standing right behind it so was from above fir sure. And your LI sketches do often make me homesick! I do remember years ago when Long Island Duck was a common menu item.

Jo - Nice down town sketches. Like the added washes.

Ai & Joe1 - Thanks.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Robin - Bun Bun Bunkins Gillis? Really? The name is longer than it is. 😂. Nice sketches. Love your hatching.

#2 guitar Multiple grades of graphite in 8.5x5.5in sketchbook. Not sure of time but longer than it look. Kind of wonky but getting back into sketching habit.

IMG_1744.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Last edited:
EP, the Big Duck is one of my favorite landmarks around here. They moved it several times, but I think they finally have a place that it can stay.

Ai, we may not have temples, but we have The Big Duck. lol

Joe 1, thanks.

Jo, certain things are easy to find here like the sailboat, the lighthouse and the beach. Nice colorful sketch of the Opera House and the art coop.

Paul, thanks. Nice flower. We didn't do the drive to Hana because I was with my friend and she gets carsick on windy roads. I didn't think she could handle it. lol

Joe, there are still some restaurants that serve LI duck but it isn't as common as it was at one time. I only know of one duck farm that is still in existence out here. I guess you or your bride are musically inclined if you have a guitar. Nice sketch of it.

Robin, ah we got a bonus hand with the guitar. Nice. Cute rabbit! Is that a model plane? We are close to an airport so maybe I'll get a plane sketch done.

Today there was a car show in one of the nearby towns. I stopped for a while and did a sketch of a '46 MG. Most of the cars had their hoods up so people could check out the engines. I had no interest in that...just give me a cute car.

7 - vintage car - direct watercolor

IMG_2786.jpeg

Joan - I get to see a pretty painting and a cool car. When I was little my favorite cars were Hot rods and MGs. Thanks for the memory. Have had that guitar close to 40 years but neither of us play. LOL I mentioned it seemed like a fun instrument and come Christmas there it was. Have tried to learn a few times but cannot seem to get fingering right when it involves more than 1 string. Also have a keyboard that I have started to learn many times but …. I do have a nice collection of Native American flutes and play them. Sharon dies not play any instruments either.

#3 tea cup - Multiple grades of graphite in 8.5x5.5 in sketchbook,

IMG_1747.jpeg

Looking at it here I should have cleaned it up a bit more.😎 and used better lighting for the photo.

Keeo sketching
Fletch

Paul, thanks. Our daughter, now 60 never thought the story was very funny, she thought she was too old to believe that and we had really fooled her. Ha. I really like your flower, the shading and hatching are great.

Joe, Fletch, thank you. Calling you Fletch will simplify our names here, right? Your guitar is right on. Nice hatching to give the feel without detail. Nice teacup, I've found that after I take a photo and change it to black and white it helps the background.

Robin, love the rabbit and name. Cool uke for you! The model plane is great.

Joan, the vintage car is outstanding. Super find!! I've eaten duck and in Bolivia of all places. They had an outdoor restaurant at a brewery that served fried duck. It was OK but greasy, wouldn't you know. Usually I don't eat birds (chicken, etc.) unless there is nothing else. :)

It was nice for a short while on the porch this morning. It is already 97º F. I sketched on a page in the large Canson Mixed Media book with Micron 03.
Number 5, tree; Number 6, pet - subbed Gene; Number 7, teacup - Somayaki vintage cup that was re-fired was green and gold, now burned green. Double layer pottery. You can see on eBay.

csshfl73tree-teacup-pet.jpg

Then I went to check on Gene and saw these yellow Mexican Hats so sketched them in the small travel book with the Acurit 3 and added watercolor at home. Not many flowers blooming now, too hot, and didn't get back to the sunflowers downtown. I think the neighbor mowed around these and has been watering them. Number 8 sunflower - sub

csshfl73sunflower.jpg

Back