Scavenger Hunt #73 Jun 19- 27

EP, awww, love the green snippets of the guitar. Very artsy.

Ai, How fun to find some desert animals. Your sketches are super!! The balloons are a fun find, too.

I sketched day before yesterday at my desk. #2 camera with a Micron 03 on the same page with the dragonfly.

csshfl73camera.jpg

sculpt-dragonfly.jpg

Jo: Thanks... the dragon fly sketch and the real sculpture are charming. Great job with the camera.

Joan: Thank you... How did I miss mentioning your beautiful building with baskets and lavender field in directwatercolor.

JoC …the camera looks friendly and ready to go. Woah….that’s a big dragonfly, good thing it’s tame

Joan …old lavender in the sun. I bet it had a up lifting scent.

EP. , super line sketches, good looking, sensing your pleasure in the process

Ai…what wonderful animals you sketched. Great job! Collection ballon sketches sounds like fun. There are some charming ones in the grocery store sometimes. Next time I’ll whip out my Fletch mini sketcher for a fun catch. :>)

Can't seem to get the time to sketch, my time away disrupted my
every day schedule. Hoping to get back into sketching this week.

Jo: That heat must be tough. Stay safe and cool. Great dragon Fly. Great job on the camera
I have a camera I was going to try but cant focus long enough to sit down
and draw,

Joan: Well done building. Like how you used the widows to provide contrast.
pretty flowers.

Eyepaint: Love the wonky guitar! Like the study

Ai: Bike is well done love the color scheme. Love the iguana. Nice find of owl.
colorful balloons

Robin: No, the list has no hidden meaning, next time maybe.

Ai - oooh Iguana ... great job on that animal ... is it live? Or is it stuffed? I first thought it was stuffed but your two photoes show a different position for the head. Yay birthday balloons.
Joan - thank you.
Jo - thank you. Yay regular camera! Yay dragonfly'
Robin - thank you. You sensed correctly.
Paul - thank you.

Update - yet another guitar study. It's wonky but it is a different viewpoint. I see where things could be improved. ..... Sigh....

hunt73-01d.jpg

Cheers,

EP: They were alive... they just did not move much with the cold aircondition around them. I saw they blink their eyes and sticking out tongue sometimes. The owls rotated their heads every 30 seconds.

Paul, thanks for keeping up with us even if you can't sketch.

Robin, excellent fridge and cupcake! Love the sunflower pitcher. Your sketches are always full of life!

EP, so good to try the different angles on a difficult piece. Great green guitar.

Paperwork today and College World Series Baseball tonight. "My" Longhorns didn't make it to Omaha this year. Sad to say. We may go to town for late lunch so will try for the landmark.

Jo, nice sketch of the camera. I never use my camera any more. The iPhone takes such good photos and I always have it with me. Nice to see the dragonfly on the wall...gives a sense of the size.

Ai, thanks! Glad you didn't miss it. The owl was alive??? How do they keep it from flying around?

Robin, thanks. I always buy some dried lavender to bring home and have it in all my dresser drawers. Ah...love the pitcher with the sunflower on it. I see the cupcake hiding in there. Thought about buying one to use for the sketch but then I will end up eating something I shouldn't.

Paul, thank you. It is hard to go away and then get back into your routine when you get home. Hope to see some of your Hawaii sketches.

EP, fun view of the guitar. Love all the doodads that are going in different directions. Can you tell I have no knowledge of instruments? lol

4 - sailboat - watercolors and ink

IMG_2772.jpeg

5 - lighthouse - direct watercolor

IMG_2774.jpeg

Robin - Is it telling that I found the cupcake? If you peek in your fridge again the cupcake may be gone ... already in my tummy. Great cheerful sunflower pitcher with all the whisks inside. And thank you.
Ai - aha they were alive - thank you for telling me. When I watched a friend's iguana/lizard pet years ago, I learned that if I wanted peace and quiet I had to keep the room cool so the creature was on the heated rock. If I had the room warm the lizard creature ran around the pen/cage/enclosure making all kinds of noise. Wow - that was several decades ago and still I remember the "keep room cool to keep the creature still" idea.
Jo - thank you. It actually is a blue-green (teal?) guitar. There were different colours for different prices and I selected the one with the lowest price figuring the colour wouldn't impact the sound. I've learned that, as advised by other people, learning guitar is difficult - far more difficult than learning the uke. For one thing it has steel strings that vary in thickness and the thinest string is rather challenging on my tender fingertips. Plus it has 6 strings in the same space that a uke has 4 so you have to be precise to press only the string you want and not to have a lazy finger accidentally touching a string you don't want to impact. I play the uke as a reward after trying the basic skills on the guitar and it's a treat to use the nylon strings (so much nicer on tender fingertips) with bigger spacing between the strings (yay lazy fingers).
Joan - thank you. Doo dads is a fine name. I can call items "thingies" when I don't know the name ... or even when I may know the name but cannot bring it off the tip of my tongue. Oooh sailboat with the blue sails and sail covers. Yay registration numbers. I recall here in BC that the registration number prefixes could tell you where the boat was registered ... If I recall, 18K.... was a boat registered to the lower mainland, 13K.... was a boat registered to Victoria, etc. Ooooh lighthouse. I attended a demo today doing watercolour sunsets and the artist lives aboard a sailboat :)

No guitar studies from me today. I was working on something else and I'm too beat to do a guitar study that is in any way recognizable.

Cheers,

#5 local landmark ... the Temple of the dawn...drawn from far away.

1000014714.jpg

1000014710.jpg

#6 sub. A Sail boat with a tug boat and a transporter boat

1000014715.jpg

#7 a tree
1000014701.jpg

#8 sub. Sun flower with this Thai calla lilly flower... done in directwatervolor

1000014702.jpg

Last edited:
EP: Cool greet guitar.

Joan: Welldone on the light house, and the sailboat.... for the owls, they were chained by small links to the base of the platform

Ai love your watercolor sketches….i searched the zoomed in on the flower sketch subconsciously searching for something and when my eye rested on the slender blossom a gentle satisfacti on met me……thanks for that. I love the morn templé sketch’s earthy feel and brief lines. Your water sketches have so many pleasant calming qualities…..

JoC. Hope you got a landmark down.

Here’s to another day of sketching ,…..let’s make it happening

EP, I never thought about what the registration # means, other than it starts with NY. I'll have to check that out.

Ai, thanks. Love the boats you used for the sub for the sailboat. You always find such interesting items to sketch. The temple is great!

Paul, thanks for the list.
You are all doing an amazing job, beautiful works.
I tried this yesterday.
Dog/Cat/Pet
street cats, seen from a window.
a5 ball point
chaotic page

2023-06-22 15-00_pagina_1.jpg

Ai,
iguana..mixed media.
the drawing of the iguana, is the drawing before coloring; Right?
I like both versions, I was asking out of curiosity.

Joan - Love the lavender field must have been a great aroma p. Like the shading on sails and the soft washes for background.. The lighthouse painting looks ready to frame.

EP - Cool series of guitar studies. Like the way you blend the ink colors with hatching,

Ai - Iguana painting is excellent. Owl looks like he had a rough night the way his feathers lay. Fun ballon find. Nice set of wc sketches. My sailor heart goes to the working boats.

Jo - Nice pen work on the camera. Dang that is a big bug sculpture.

Robin - I found Waldo! 😎. Nice pen work on fridge contents and the pitcher.

Joe1 - Your sketch looks like Something out of a Master’s journal. Nice work.

Keep sketching
Joe

Back