Scavenger Hunt #16 Mar 10 - Mar 18 2022

1- animal
2 colorful
3 collectible

scav 16.jpeg

Jo, nice to see some new items for you to sketch near the pt location. Good animals in the field and nice electric poles. I like the texture to you tree trunk and the seating area too. Hands are always handy because they are always nearby...shoes too.

Jennie-Jo, it is always good when you find a few minutes to sketch when you are away. Nice that they had scent sticks in the room and a flower too.

Jeanne, nice still life with your cute duck and spotted dog!

No sketches from me. I've been busy with company for the last two days and will be busy with them again tomorrow.

I will be posting the new hunt immediately after posting here. It starts tomorrow but it is already tomorrow for Ai.

"J", awwww such cute items. Love the ducky .. and the doggie ... and the house. Fun to see you here.

Joan, thanks, know the feeling and the rush. I will go check the new Hunt.

I'll post my sketches and then return with comments. These are in ink with marker, 5x8 page.

1. Hung (towel on railing)
2. Pants (hanging on railing)
hunt16-01.jpg

3. Game piece - chess piece
4. Tool - tape measure
5. Utensil - pasta server fork
6. Something green for St Paddy’s Day - green mug
7. (toy for play with an) Animal
hunt16-02.jpg

Cheers,

Here I am ... back with comments!

Joe - I vote gerbera daisy :)
joe1lt - I just used one of those dusters like in your drawing yesterday (I don't dust) and oooh it worked so well ... I got a bit carried away dusting more and more and ... I made myself stop before I got into a dusting chore :)
Triss - lovely still life! Oh that shine on the left apple - wowee! Oooh pink rocks! Yay Dog1 (or is this Dog2?)
Jo - good for you sketching from a TV show - that would be a challenge. Cool wheeled walker - the brakes and the seat and the all-terrain wheels make these very handy ... why does Gene call it a burrito? You live in such a cool place where there are grazing animals visible from the physical therapy office. Goof job on the shoe
Ai - yay free pick people at the carwash! Good job drawing the people writing exams. Usually sketches of people taking exams include people hunched over a desk and you don't get to see their faces so this is cool! You have such fun coloured pots!
Sue - cool boots - cool colour! And fun stripey garden gloves. May as well have fun colours and patterns for such items :) Yay people scribbles! Ah yes a laundry line :) Great job on the acrylic fabric fold study :)
WP - hello! Oh yay the shoes with laces! And a hooked finger! And the full page of wonderful ink sketches!
Joan - yay for the red Swezy truck! Fuel? Yay eye doctor office! Yay for Jerry posing! It feels like a long time since we've seen him in a sketch? Yay free pick! Good job on the stripes on the folded tea towel
Anne - great fabric folds on the coat rack
JennieJo - good job on the scent sticks sketch.
"J" - that animal (dog?) seems worried ...

Sue, it's a wonderful page, and the 2 animals are very beautiful and cute.
Eyepaint, beautiful series of draws.
true, those dusters work very well, sometimes I think I had to buy the one with the longer handle, an extension, to clean even at the top, but then I would have to dust, I didn't have the excuse that I didn't get there.

3Has wheels it is a small model of a car from the 1930s that came out on newsstands some time ago
it is a small model of a car from the 1930s that came out on newsstands some time ago
on page a5, tried several times, to try to make the box shape

Auto.jpg

Wow, EP, you got going and in color!! The pants and towel are super on the railing. Another chess player. Love the shading on the cup and kitchen tools. Clever tool. Nice form and lines on all.

joe1lt, yes, car shapes are hard to get. You did a good job. I think because of the rounded edges there are no strong actual lines. I have no advice. Maybe Joan can tell us if she does the outside shape and adds the shading or ????

I sketched at the PT place again. It was still kinda dark when I started. That's my excuse/reason for any misstep. I used the Prismacolor Premier markers. (Didn't get any on my hands today so that is a plus.) I have a hard time with no blending and no light colors. I should have taken the gray markers, bet that would help. Bonus of hand and with wheels again. This is in the Canson watercolor sketchbook. 9 x 12 in.
Number 10 green

csshfl16green.jpg

Jo, thank you very much for your kind words and appreciated considerations. thank you .
I really like everything you posted.

Jo - to be sure, those sketches are in A big sketchbook but not THE bug sketchbook 😎

Ai - sending prayers you fell better quickly

jeanne - was expecting a cow.😁. Did cow collection get and downsized in the move? Points doing a still challenge.

EP - Superjob. The shading with tones on towel and pants is clever. The mug/toy/tool page looks like your classic style but something about those drawings looks different and I cannot put my finger on it. Overall subjects look more ‘structured’ if that makes any sense.

Joe1 - love the page of car sketches. Cars are tough. As jo says it is hard to capture curves with a contour line. Like how you drew multiple perspective.

jo - definitely colorful! No extra points for bonus hands.

Keep sketching
Joe

joe1lt - thank you. Great cars :)
Jo - thank you. Good thing I raced in before the deadline :) Yahoo such a cool scene from the PT place
Joe - thank you. You can recognize my drawings, hey?

Back