Scavenger Hunt #16 Mar 10 - Mar 18 2022

Thanks everyone on my flowers.

Joe, that is a beautiful flower no matter what it is called.

joe1lt, very cool backpack. Nice shading looks good.

triss, awww. You know I love the apple, heart mug and flower. Always fun to see what medium you will be using or combination of media.

I watched TV last night with Gene a program about George Washington. I sketched the actors from TV without pausing it, so I'm calling that "from life" as they were definitely on the move and didn't repeat the scenes with the actors. So they don't look like the real Washington characters but maybe a little like the actors. I need more practice on people like Joan! On my iPad with the application brushes and the plain brush sort of like a pen.

Number 2 -people
csshfl16people.jpg

Today I sketched on the iPad again with the same brush in the Brushes App but used color while listening to the baseball game. I usually don't sketch during the games because I keep score but haven't started this year yet. We'll see.
Number 3 has wheels - Gene's walker, he calls it his burrito
csshfl16wheels.jpg

Jo - Love the scribbly outfits from the TV show, and great digital sketch of the the walker - fab job with the shapes, and a good choice for wheels!

#4 - Tiny. Tealight, coin, kneaded eraser. Charcoal & pink rock, A1. Photo of the pink rocks for Ai. It's not easy to photograph the colour of these - it's a very subtle, dusty pink. My white charcoals are a bit unexciting, and the pink rocks make for more interesting charcoal greys. The rocks come in jars with assorted sized chunks (and if I find the pink rock jar, I'll tell you what they're actually called!).

tiny.jpg

pinkrock.jpg

#1 free pick !!! -- car wash, done in ink ... lol... I just realize that carwash sketche contains a few people too...
#2 people -- I did these of my students during my proctor of our exam on March 6, on-line exam via MS-Teams (kind of like Zoom app).. I did not post on previous Hunt... so here it is...

h14_freestuff_b.jpg

h14_freestuff_a.jpg

h14_people_a.jpg

Joe1 - great work on the backpack, it looks comfortable and well used

Triss - Wow, just wow! Loving the apples, daffy and cute mug but what really caught me was the background - I've not mastered that free but so right looseness but keep trying :love::love: Great wee sketches as well, thanks for the sight of the pink rock - not come across that before

Jo - good job on the TV characters and great 'wheels'

Ai - fun sketches of your students (do they know you sketch them while they are working so hard :)) Super car wash and people too.

Managed a quick sketch today 1, old boot = garden boots that have had a lot of use but still going strong. 2 Colourful, = Stripy garden gloves that are likewise well used About 6 x 6 ins, pen and a touch of coloursoft pencils

16 1 2.jpg

Heya ,

great list for the hunt , as usualy ...

great to see old faces 🙌...

been there so much in design,wood and sawdust in the panademic closedown .. not more then 3 times with ink and paper .

Will see how the flow gets here now due to the short 1000 km distance to the war zone boarder 😪😪😪 and all the troubles around.

Now for the first input here ...

cheers from W.P.

just a fast one of 5 , A4 copy paper with pencil .
IMG_E3532[1].JPG

The forum looks clean and sound upload works good .
Maybe i go for the rest . If not next hunt i will join earlier , just checked this forum out today .

Never regret anything that made you smile.... 🤠

Triss: Thank you so much for the pic of pink rock... I did a search of it on Amazon under art materials and could not find anything similar to your photos... Love your effect.

WP: Cool set, glad to see your sketch again... My prayer goes to your safety and the world peace.

thank you all for the nice words.

Triss, I really like the result.
Ai, they are wonderful ink drawings, I like them all very much, both portraits and the scene, and the cars, nice work.

hi White Pen, it's a beautiful series of drawings, I like them.

Jo, these are all beautiful works.
oh it's very difficult to draw actors, sometimes i tried but always pause, in the last months i tried some fast without pause, only for faces and drawing fast, but almost always, only of movies where character was sitting and there was a first floor.

can I ask for a last tip on the ipad? i like the idea of the tablet instead of a new pc.

I was wondering if you use apple pencil, if you use screen protector or nothing.
I don't know if, if the specks of dust in the glass are dangerous while I would draw ?.
as far as I would clean the glass, especially where I draw, it is a corner with a lamp and books, the phone gets dusty quickly by a few grains.
eventually maybe I should look for one, even if I find it difficult to assemble them.
these things intrigue me, they would be easy to put on, then for the scratches I don't know if they help to avoid them.
Pieces Silicone Nibs Caps, Compatible with Apple Pencil 1st and 2nd Generation, Pencil Tip Cover Anti-Slip Protective Cover Noiseless Drawing Writing

Heya

AiArts + joe1lt thanks , i´m not in the mood for too fancy stuff .... here we have the breaking news runnig ... hope the RU dont start to blow up the largest Atomic Reactor in Europa .. its pretty heavy fighting there .. just shoot a NY times Reporter..:eek:

triss, love the pink rock. Looks almost like you could use it for a pastel. My kneaded erasers always get hard after using a couple of times.

Ai, the carwash and students are great. Happy you sketched.

Sue, look at those boots, fun to have colors. The gloves look good for gardening.

Yowza, White Pen is back! Great to see you and your sketches. We are hoping for your safety and that the problems are resolved. Take care.
Your pants are so nifty and you found some people. I like your paper fish catcher, clever. I'd never seen that. Comfy boots. Great job on the hand and I'm wondering who is hung? I thought of you the other day and got six sketches on one page but not with the creativity you always use. I have missed "hunting" your items. Your appearance and sketches definitely make me smile.

joe1lt, I have an outside folding cover on my iPad, no screen saver. It's been used a lot with fingers and iPencil, it is a hand me down from my daughter so about 3 years old?? Regular iPencil with the nib it comes with. Maybe Joe and Joan can comment about their use of their iPads, too.

triss, love the pink rock. Looks almost like you could use it for a pastel. My kneaded erasers always get hard after using a couple of times.

Sue, look at those boots, fun to have colors. The gloves look good for gardening.

Yowza, White Pen is back! Great to see you and your sketches. We are hoping for your safety and that the problems are resolved. Take care.
Your pants are so nifty and you found some people. I like your paper fish catcher, clever. I'd never seen that. Comfy boots. Great job on the hand and I'm wondering who is hung? I thought of you the other day and got six sketches on one page but not with the creativity you always use. I have missed "hunting" your items. Your appearance and sketches definitely make me smile.

joe1lt, I have an outside folding cover on my iPad, no screen saver. It's been used a lot with fingers and iPencil, it is a hand me down from my daughter so about 3 years old?? Regular iPencil with the nib it comes with. Maybe Joe and Joan can comment about their use of their iPads, too.

Hi, Jo

Never thought to got in here . The change to keep the community alive is nowhere , as it looks . It always let me smile to get others smilin too ... as I mentioned the going get taff here . We gave lots of support to the Ukrains , and hope the sh.. is soon off . Out of that its hard for a fresh and easy going draw session .We all have daily not so good news in economic + war fare . I keep head up and stay positiv . Cheers from here ..(y) W.P.

Ai - Great sketches from the car wash - I love the energy of the off-kilter car in the second sketch! Amazing page of all your students - beautiful, simple lines and such interesting expressions.

The pink rocks are from Wallace Seymour https://www.wallaceseymour.co.uk/ancient-drawing-materials. The pink ones aren't listed there, but you can see some of the other fun rocks. Their charcoal is also absolutely beautiful.

Sue - Lovely drawing of your gardening boots and gloves - fun, haphazard placement of the boots, and I love the combination of the hatching and the pencil colouring.

White Pen - Glad you found the threads here, great to see your sketches. Wonderful drawings - absolutely love the folded fish!

Joe1 - Screen protectors are usually pretty easy to fit, and I'm sure you'll be able to choose one that will work well with the Apple pencil.

#5 - Animal. Dog1. Assorted charcoals & rocks, A2.

animal.jpg

Joe 1, you did some nice shading on the backpack!

Triss, you always do such great combinations. I love the play of colors in the mug and the richness of the apples. Your tiny objects are good. Love seeing the pink rock IRL. I like the subtle color of it. Love the pooch done with "assorted rocks and charcoal."

Jo, thanks. Sketching people from a program on tv is hard. I've only sketched people that were sitting in place that the camera would go back to and they would be in the same position. Good job! The burrito (LOL) looks great...nice and steady ...handy to help move things you need to take with you too.

Ai, nice shape to the car being washed...and bonus people too! Good zoom-like sketches of the students.

Sue, you've given us two garden related items with the rubber boots and gardening gloves. Nice!!

White Pen, great to see you and your sketches again! Yay!!! Good shoes...look well worn. The hanging made me smile. Glad you found us here. Hope things stay quiet on your side of the border. Things are in an awful state. Stay safe!

I've been participating in the 100 People challenge all week so a few of my hunt items are in those sketches.
2 - has wheels - watercolors and ink

tempImagejIHG68.png

Jerry posed for me in the eye doctor's office
3 - pole (on medical equipment) - ink
4 - pants

tempImage92RMKO.png

5 - tiny - ink
6 - hand

IMG_9711.jpeg

7 - free pick - watercolors and ink

IMG_9713.jpeg

Hi everyone. Thanks and happy sketching. We are off to Austin for a checkup for Gene. As old folks we have lots of checkups. He starts an intense physical therapy tomorrow, so we will see if I sketch or just play or sleep.

triss, Dog 1 is amazing in your mixed mediums. Wow!!

Joan, great sketches all. Who would guess you would have a water landscape for your free sketch? Nice to see Jerry.

Back later.

WP - Hi, nice to meet you, good page of sketches, those old boots look well worn

Triss, - lovely one of Dog 1 again, who could resist those eyes!

Joan - great collection of sketches, clever find for pole and a lovely watercolour for your free choice

Got a couple more quickies done today.

3 People - scribbly pen impressions, in A6 sketchbook, of folk walking past as I sat in car outside hospital -

16 3.png

4, Pole - propping up line - we actually have some sun today so have got washing on the line for once
5 Hung - some of the washing
6 Pants - black pants with sun not a good idea,, couldn't see the folds and creases at all!
Pastel on black paper, A4

16 4 5.jpg

5 Hung again - this is part of my work on fabric folds, moving into colour, Part of a draped red cloth, in acrylic, about 9 x 5.5 ins. Took me a while to get this to look anything like the fabric in front of me but learnt a lot

red drape (2).jpg

Jo, hope Gene has a good checkup. See you back soon.

Sue, I like your scribbly style of sketching people! Nice sketch of the laundry hanging which covers a few items. Nice shading on the red fabric folds. Good job!

Nothing new from me yet today. I'm taking a short break from cleaning. We are having some company for a few days so I don't know how much sketching I'll get done after tomorrow.

Jo: Thanks... I hope Gene checkup go well. Take care

Sue: Thanks.... Students don't know that I draw them... but by our on-line exam proctor procedure, I have to seriously look at each of them on my computer screen. So that helps with me sketching...

#4 pot and pans... done with Derwent artbar ... used dry
#5 collectible ... glass jars and jam jars...done with 0.5 Micron pen

h16_potpan_b.jpg

h16_potpan_c.jpg

h16_collectibles.jpg

Jo - live tv counts just like zoom. Cool digi. Burrito looks good and solid. Hope checkups go well.

Triss - while the largest collection of art stuff would probably be a multiple artist tie. I think you would win for most strange/unique/odd collection. Nice series of sketches. Super work on the dog!

Ai - Definitely lots of people. Giving Joan some competition. Personally I would have counted the people in the car wash. 😁😇 Nice work on the pots and pans and jar collection.

Sue - Apologies for using full Sunday name 😎 Nice work on boots and gloves. Nice job on the people and the wash but the draped cloth is fab!

WP - good to see you back with us. Pray you and yours stay safe and this mess ends quickly. I am with jo missing your full pages and hunting around with a giant smile. When kneaded erasers get hard, I knead them watching tv. Softens them back up and is a bit of stress relief.

Joe1 - On iPad, I am with jo. I have an outside folding cover. No screen saver. I use the Apple Pencil with nibs that came with it. Been an iPad user over 10 years. This is my 3rd iPad. With the first one I got in the habit of taking it everywhere and one day I left it on top of the car. It stayed in place on the roof for about half a mile (.8km) until I braked for a traffic light. Got to watch it bounce down the road and get run over. I traded the second one in to Apple because I wanted to go up to the 11 inch screen. Only screen problem I ever had was on that first one. 😁 After bouncing down the road, at speed, It still worked but screen was a spider web of cracks.

Joan - my psychic ability came through strong. When I added ‘free pick’ I knew you would do a beach scene 😂😂😂

keep sketching
Joe

Back