Scavenger Hunt #15 March 2, 2022 - March 10, 2022

Robin - That is not a junk drawer. My non-junk drawers are not that tidy! Love all the sketches - particularly the amazing textures on the gloves - wonderful drawing!

Jo - Great stuffed toy collection, like the angles and how all the toys have got their own characters. Fab work on the coloured hatching for the napkin.

Joan - The time devoted to the duster sketch might be reflective of the time I devote to actual dusting. Outstanding stuff with your 100 sketches project! Loving all the little character moments, and wonderful pen drawing.

EP - Brilliant page - such a fun arrangement! Love the cactus pushing out at the top of the page, and lovely touches of pen colour.

#5b - Stuffed. Bear. Charcoal and pink rock. A2.

stuffed2.jpg

Jo, how wonderful, wanderful colored plush, nice towel

Joan, wonderful series of figures, amazing how you captured them. nice to see them.

EP, wonderful page.
Triss, great work

1bis, eye nose and ear
3duster

2022-03-08 12-57_pagina_1.jpg
2022-03-08 12-57_pagina_2.jpg

Robin - great sketches, I do like the way you've done the first ones in situ. I'm with the others, and would be delighted if my junk drawer was even half as tidy as that :whistle:

Triss, love the fluffy Teddy, he's begging to be hugged - and the second iteration is even more adorable 🤗🤗

Joan - what a fun time you had people watching, wonderful set of poses

Jo, super fun group of cuddles and loving the folded napkin

Joan - what a fun time you had people watching, wonderful set of poses

Joe - great to see Eeyore and lovely fluffy looking duster

EP - lovely collection and I like the touches of colour, really brings them to life

Another fabric study that happens to fit this Hunt, x posted to Drawing forum

2 Black and White - the edge of my stripey top looking at how the stripes move and show folds etc. Various grades of pencil in A4 sketchbook. This is the second attempt - my first set up was waaaaayyyyyy too complicated and I got totally lost in lines and had to fight my way back out :D:eek::eek::eek::D:D I tried to build up the depth of tone gradually but lack the patience needed with pencil and had to stop when I started getting shiny areas where I had pressed too hard

stripes pencil.jpg

EP, love the elevated cactus! Fun idea!! Aw...such cute hand warmers. I probably have some pencils around that are at least 30 years old. I never thought that the erasers might be unusable.

Jo, thanks. I was on a roll at the mall. If I had stayed in the food court longer I probably could have finished the entire 100. lol

Triss, your bear is so cute...and looks so soft! I love the touches of pink with the charcoal.

Joe 1, wonderful to see the floppy ears in your sketch! Ah...another duster! I'll have to pull mine out to sketch it.

Sue, thanks. Your shading on the fabric is great...strong in some places and delicate in others.

10 - aged - ink (Yikes...my head is so big.)

IMG_9672.jpeg

11 - made from paper - pencil

IMG_9674.jpeg

12 - plugs in - ink
IMG_9673.jpeg

Triss - wow you captured a pigeon on the telephone pole. Yay gardening glove! Yay apple! I think that a duster here would be ... dusty ... from lack of use :) That teddy is fantastic! Thank you
Ai - yay folded paper airplane! Boo itchy arm - have you solved this mystery yet?
Joan - yay crazy pencil pill container and I saw "mon" as "now" lol. Yay look at all those rigging and lines on the fish boat. Love, love, love the "trees" piece. Look at all those fantastic people sketches! Thank you. Yahoo paper crane! Oooh vacuum - a Shark - would you recommend it?
"J" - cool effect on your fingerless glove. Awww Libby :)
joe1lt - awww kitty :) Thank you. Eyeore again - yay
Jo - good am and PM pill container. Good idea to put the names on the container. Paper snowflakes! Yay look at those stuffies on the shelf! Thank you
Sue - oh great job on that hanging towel. Thank you. That stripey shirt is so cool!
Robin - great cafe counter sketches! Yay gloves! Yay tidy junk drawer! I avoided drawing those because it's too difficult to figure out where to start.

I love it when everyone is sketching away and I get to look!

Triss, your stuffed bear is amazing. Scrumptious.

joe1lt, your Eeyore is so cute. You have captured the movement in the different views so well. Yep the duster in my house collects dust just sitting there.

Sue, your striped shirt is so well done with the shadows and folds. Applause!

Joan, oh, look at you! Well done. Your paper drawing is so fine showing the folds. The vacuum is great. Mine sits with the duster and gathers dust.

EP and others, thank you so much. I'm not sure where my sketchbooks are hiding out. Maybe they will show up tomorrow and want to be used.

EP, thanks for your enthusiasm! Yes, I'm happy with the Shark vacuum but it needs to come with someone to clean with it. lol Sort of like my dusty duster.

Jo, thanks. My vacuum does get use on occasion...but the duster does its job and sits and collects dust. Isn't that their purpose?

Have been lurking and have Hunt 16 ready to post in case anyone is worried.

Joe

A few items for the Hunt.
csshfl15canned.jpg

#6 canned - hominy for posole (my spelling). It says pozole on the can and I misspelled hominy on the can. Ha. Sharpie in the small sketchbook, about 5 x 8 inches.

csshfl15duster.jpg

Got in the flow with everyone and did the duster in watercolor #7 in the Canson watercolor sketchbook about 9 x 12 inches per page.

csshfl15line.jpg

And #8, in a line - trees along the ditch and trail across the way from the dining table view. Sharpie pen in the same small sketchbook.

Blk &white- tape dispenser
socks
hanging lamp
canned
plugs in lamp
like shape of coffee pot
dislike taste of lousy coffee
plant
tree
special nest
stiff broom
stretchy netting
loose strap
pill keeper
729CBBD7-13BE-4C7A-9188-0403F8434E47.jpeg
FCB6724D-0A5A-4077-8737-0DB26D9005F2.jpeg
2A6CE595-72AD-4AAF-98C6-E367FD9B1DA7.jpeg
99190131-0CAD-43EA-834F-F3CA5B5404A3.jpeg

Jo- very nice duster, the stuffed toys is a friendly drawing, te purple napkin? Is really good form..
Triss ...Gloves are inviting, you nailed’ everything! .teal is a favorite color of yours

Joan...love able Mickey looks so soft...awesome coral building ad shadows..your people in public sketches are impressive....yes, I really sketching out and about.....hey, drawing in Barnes and Noble is. Great idea!

Joe1-congrats on sketches cat well, I like all the overlap and fading out , can feel the concentration, small amt of resignation at having to move on with a healthy dash of persistance...

J - thanks for hosting...your sketches are conscientious and easy to see ...like the bits of color.....don’t eat any more honey, okay

Ai - hope your itching goes away....on the arm I would think poison ivy if you been outside.....nice sketch of the hand. ..what red ink are you using. I like the way it bleeds.

EP..I, I enjoy your sketches , they are simple, clear and fun. Thanks

Joe Fletch Hi there, I think when a lurker shows a toe in it is a special treat....thanks for being here.

Wow, Robin, you got so many done. The pill keeper and nest are so clever. Your hatching and lines are always fun and interesting to see. Applause!!!
See all y'all on the new Hunt. Ciao.

Robin, thanks. Stretching my brain for someplace to sketch people today that is different than what I've done already. Love that sketch of the coffee setup for the coffee you don't like. lol Love your idea for the pill keeper too. Nice lively sketches!

Jo, I always feel calmer when I look at your sketch of the trees and walking trail by the water. The duster looks nice and soft.

Joe, heading over now to get the new list.

Joe1 - Lovely, soulful sketches of Eeyore. Great flowing lines, and interesting angles. Very nice ragged effect with the duster.

Sue - Brilliant work on the fabric pattern - really eye-catching result! Love your verdict on the more complicated set-up - I'd get lost in any pattern - and congratulations on simplifying and trying again, well worth it!

Joan - Wonderful sketchy lines on your self-portrait, graceful drawing on the origami, and fun job getting the vacuum cleaner shapes.

Jo - Lively sketching with both your ink drawings, and you managed to make duster look attractive! (I'm enjoying having company in the lazy-housekeeping club).

Robin - Fantastic work on all your sketch pages! Fab work on so many items, and love your style. The bird's nest is my favourite - wonderful lines.

thank you all for the nice words.

Sue, Joan, Robin, Jo, you have posted beautiful drawings.

Excellent variety sketches: Sue, Robin, Jo, Joan, Triss, Joe1, EP. I had extra works and felt so tired... but glad to see all cool sketches here.

Joan: Bravo on the 100 faces in one week project ... these day I don't do well with a (kind of tight) project ... lol... You have done amazing sketches of the faces.

Robin: Thanks.... and I always smiling looking at your free spirit colorful lines.

EP: Thanks. I must have oversensitive skins now as I turn in 50s genre... my arm gets better. Love your sketches ... cool essense... I also got a pencil from 1987 from UCLA too.

Joe1: Thanks... Love your figurine series.

Sue: Thanks... The black-white work is stunning.

Jo: Thanks.... your yellow duster is super... and it has help lifted up my art spirit.

Triss: Thanks... Love your dry media glowing and flowing strokes ... the Teddy in pink rock and charcoal is amazingly soft ... May I see what a pink rock is really like pls.?

Jeanne: Thanks so much for hosting this Hunt.

Back