Scavenger Hunt #15 March 2, 2022 - March 10, 2022

"J"

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life. The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.
If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/
Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required.

Please join us by sketch some items or its association below…If use association, pls. include your chain of association.

Scavenger Hunt from Life #15: March 2 - March 10

black & white

caustic

aged

in a line

hard to handle

elevated

dessert

cactus or plant

stuffed

tree, branch, or leaf

something canned

special to you

eye, nose, and ear

inside your junk drawer

stiff

loose

stretchy

something you do not like

container for water

pill keeper

inside of an envelope

something that plugs in

make something with paper and draw it

towel or washcloth

duster

glove

sock

No challenge. Just have fun.

Thanks for the new list, Jeanne - lots of fun choices! Looking forward to seeing everyone's sketches this week.

#1 - Elevated. Pigeon on a telephone pole (sketching telephone poles for the Monthly Challenge). Pen, A3.

elevation.jpg

Hoo...Hah... Here I come...!!! :giggle:

Triss: Great job. Nice start of this Hunt with the bird on the pole and the wires...

#1 My humble folded paper plane
#2 My water container -- I repurpose the old lunch box for my watercolor water resevoir
#3 What I do not like -- my itchy arm ... I was trying to retrace if I had ate anything that cause me some skin allergy

h15_FoldedPaper.jpg

h15_WaterContainer.jpg

h15_WhatI-do-not-like.jpg

Good ones. Ai I have itching problems all the time. So bad that they bleed. When it itches, not easy to not scratch. No one has ever been able to tell me what causes it. I did find out I am allergic to honey so haven't had that in years. I would post a photo of what I looked like when I found that out, but it's really scary. Even the doctor didn't recognize me. I had a gold ball sized water bubble on each cheek right under each eye.

Triss, nice "elevated." It makes me think of a bird's nest at the top of the pole. I saw a few osprey nests on poles today. I should have drawn one. Love sketches that have poles and wires.

Ai, that rash does look itchy!!! Hope you figured out what caused it. I like your 3 sectioned water container.

Jeanne, sounds like quite an allergic reaction. I once had a reaction to something where the area around my eyes swelled up so much that my eyes were slits and there was no indentation on the bridge of my nose. I had trouble breathing too. I never found out what caused it.

1 - pill keeper - magic pencil (I have 2 pill keepers...one for AM pills and one for later in the day. I keep that one on my kitchen table and set an alarm to remind me to take it. Even then I turn the alarm off once in a while and never take the pill.
IMG_9639.jpeg

2 - elevated dune - watercolors

IMG_9643.jpeg

3 - pilings in a row - watercolors and ink
IMG_9641.jpeg

“Jeanne, thanks for the list ... We are off and running!
I wrote this the first day and didn’t send I guess. It was here tonight so again I’m ready to go.

1 pill keeper
2 plugs in - laptop
3 stiff - arthritic index finger
4 elevated - hanging wooden I love Bird houses
5 glove
6 duster - overhead fan duster
7 something canned - canned air
8 inside an envelope
9 something that holds water - plein air metal container
10 in a line - Energizer battery recharger
11 special to me - my baby Libby

pen in my daily journal

Attachments

• image0sh.jpeg
    image0sh.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 101
J, thanks for the nice list.
Triss, very nice idea and design.

Ai, 3 very nice designs, Ai, J, sorry about allergy, it's very annoying, I don't know what he was allergic to, sometimes it happened a little bit, under the wrist.

Joan, beautiful hat-trick, beautiful paintings.

J, a lovely page, beautiful work.

Jeanne, nice group of sketches. Good to see Libby in the corner. I've missed seeing your sketches,

Joe 1, great sketches of the cats! Glad they stayed still enough for some sketches.

Ai, your airplane made me smile. Wow on the allergies. Good idea for the water container.

Joan, well done on the pill keeper, Magic pencil worked great for that. Love the dunes and pilings.

"J", you got busy. Another Hunt to find on your page of sketches. Fun. I like the bird house hanging.

joe1lt, your kitties in pen are great. That's a reason I use a pen also. Fast and done.

I sketched in a small sketchbook (almost finished)5.5 x 8.5 inches with a Lamy pen and added a bit of colored pencil.

csshfl15pillkeeper.jpg

Jo, thanks. The problem with the magic pencil is it is too big to fit in a regular pencil sharpener. I know I can sharpen it with a razor blade but I don't ever have one handy. It was running out of color and I ended up using a knife to sharpen it a little. Nice sketch of your pill keeper. Sad that we all have to have them...

4 - stuffed - Sketch & Wash pencil
IMG_9647.jpeg

4 - something canned (bread crumbs...not Italian bread) - ink and Aquatone watercolor sticks (This is so wonky I can't post it large!)IMG_9648.jpeg

5 - plants - watercolors and ink
6 - trees

IMG_9653.jpeg

Joan, Jo, thank you very much.
Jo, very nice design, nice addition of color.
Joan, beautiful and funny Mickey Mouse,
all beautiful, the third is a wonderful postcard

Ai - Great set of sketches - Love the bleeding ink look (and hope your allergy has calmed down).

Joan - Beautiful drawings and paintings - wonderful variety with the styles and tools. The sand dune sketch is gorgeous, and I love the linework on those patio pots in the last sketch (also love the wonky can!).

Jeanne - Lovely page from your journal! Great, vibrant colours - and Libby looks cosy snuggled up in the corner.

Joe1 - Terrific page of cat sketches! Love the way you're constructing the shapes - brilliant sketching.

Jo - Nice work on the pill box, love your hatches to describe the plastic.

#2 - Glove. Gardening glove. Gel crayons, acrylic ink, oil pastels, A2.

#3 - Aged. Apples (bit of a stretch, but this pair of apples have been around a while!). Acrylic, pastel, A2.

glove.jpg

aged.jpg

Joan, love the Mickey Mouse. The bread crumbs can is colorful. The house for plants and trees is so cool. Love the blue planters. Almost looks southwest!

Triss, the glove is electric. So much fun. The apples look great, I could eat your models.

I sketched at my footstool in front of TV in the small sketchbook. I shouldn't have sketched not in the mood and they are tacky. All y'all understand.
#2 something made from paper and sketched - I started to just wad up some paper but did cut out a small snowflake. Drew it with a sharpie pen and left off the piece under my thumb where I wrote what it was. Traced it across the page and that isn't much better. Ha.
#3 elevated - the ceiling light and wall hanging with the sharpie pen , same book.

csshfl15paper.jpg

csshfl15elevated.jpg

Back