Scavenger Hunt #15 March 2, 2022 - March 10, 2022

Thanks for the list Jeanne, I am going to try and do more sketching this week. Some great contributions already

Triss, super work again, love the intensity of colour in the apples and gloves - they look as battered and well used as my gardening gloves

Ai - you find such interesting things for the prompts, hope the arm is feeling less itchy

Joan - Mickey made me smile and I love your watercolours as always - so much detail

Jo - great sketch of paper snowflakes and the light fitting - I feel I am getting to know your home through your Hunt sketches

Joe - what a lovely page of cats, so difficult to capture their look as they will move at the wrong time, well done

Jeanne - great page of sketches, I enjoyed looking at them all, super variety

Triss, thank you very much, beautiful work on both the gloves and the apples.
Jo, nice ideas and nice draws.
Jo, true, I like the pen which is faster.

2 gloves, a5 pen

2022-03-05 20-46_pagina_1.jpg

Sue, we wrote together, thanks for the nice words, yes, true about the movement of cats

This is something I've done as part of my 'back to basics' 1 to 1 tuition - focussing on tone and fabric.
1. Towel hanging from hook, done in charcoal on A3. I've posted a couple more in the Drawing Forum

drape tone.jpg

Joe, great job on the gloves, yes we must have both been typing at the same time :)

Joe 1, thank you.

Triss, many thanks for your kind comments (especially about the can). There is something about your two sketches...I want to reach out and feel them. Love the glove especially!

Jo, thanks so much. You have a good eye. That building with the blue pots is actually a Mexican restaurant, Viva la Vida. (Can't get the bold lettering back to normal. lol) Fun sketch of the snowflake. I will have to make something to sketch for that item. Have to put on my thinking cap.

Jo - Sorry you weren't feeling like sketching - I think we all know how that mood feels. At least you got a nice paper snowflake out of it! Hope you find your creative mood later.

Joe1 - Lovely hatching lines on the gloves.

Sue - Beautiful observation on the fabric folds, and I love the texture (extra marks from me, as I can never keep highlights clean in charcoal - yours look pristine!).

#4 - Duster. Extending duster for the ceiling cobwebs. Charcoal, A2.

#3b - Aging Apples. Charcoal, A2.

dust.jpg

aged2.jpg

Thanks Joan, the first effort wasn't so good but the feedback in my online class was to go back and push the darks - glad I did 'cos it does look much better.

Pristine highlights Triss? Hmm, perhaps the photo shows them to be cleaner than they are :unsure: I tend to get pretty messy with charcoal so have had lots of practice lifting out highlights with eraser at the end. Great energy in your duster and apples - and I see some pretty good highlights there too. (y)

Great works you all, Triss, Joe1, Jo, and Sue.

Sue: Thanks... my itch seems better.

Sue - I never get much practice with erasers for charcoal, because I can rarely find mine (particularly the kneaded ones, which I lose faster than I can buy them). I'll have to find my newsprint paper, at least I can erase on that with a hand swipe!

Robin - Love the purple hatching in both sketches! Great style, fun perspective, and fab assortment of items.

#5 - Stuffed. Toy teddy. Charcoal (and a new kneaded eraser), A2.

stuffed.jpg

Sue, thanks. I tend to sketch from a favorite spot so you are seeing a new wall. Ha. Your fabric is amazing, plus it is in charcoal. Applause.

joe1lt, I like your hatching on the gloves.

Joan, ah a restaurant, thus the blue pots. I like!

Triss, your duster and apples are great. Brave you for delving into charcoal. Ha. The teddy is precious .. full of life.

Robin, love the pie shop. You have such fun hatching. I like the retro sugar and napkins. Fun place.

thank you all, Sue, beautiful work on the cloth and folds, Triss, wonderful charcoal draws, super bear and apples, maybe the duster, is the next I try to draw
.Robin, series of beautiful draws. great job

Robin, cool gloves and amazing junk drawer. Love seeing you and your stuffed toy and towel. Like the colored ink.

Hi to joe1lt and all y'all.

#4 stuffed - toys, watercolor and Sharpie pen
#5 towel - sub napkin with Micron 005 pens (cross post to purple for Monthly Art Prompts)

csshfl15stuffed.jpg

cs-prompt-purple.jpg

Triss, the ease of your sketch of the duster made me smile...perfect! I'm laughing at the aging apples...probably true.

Robin, it is fun to see your sketches from the snack shop. I always get inspired when I'm sketching in some place different. I guess you are too. Love the assortment of objects on the counters. No, your junk drawer can't be that neat!!! Love the mini selfie.

Jo, great assortment of stuffies on the shelf. It reminds me of when Jeanne used to do shelves of her collections. Nice folds and hatching on your napkin.

8 - black & white sketches from my "One Week 100 Sketches." - ink (I completed 43 today.)

IMG_9660.jpeg

9 - eye, nose, ear - ink

IMG_9662.jpeg

I'll return with comments... just posting my sketches first. 8x5" page with ink and marker.

1. cactus
2. that is elevated on an inverted container
3. stuffed - hand warmer with fox face
4. aged - pencil for an event commemorating something that was 1865-1990 ... so this pencil is over 30 years old (no wonder the eraser is no good!)
5. black and white marker (black top, white bottom)
6. (markers) in a line
hunt15-01.jpg

Cheers,

Joan, wow! You are going great guns on you 100 sketches. Fun that they fit in here. Love all the poses and attitudes!

EP, hey there. Aw, love your old pencil! Clever on the elevated and like the cactus. Is it a Christmas cactus? Fun hand warmer, too.

Back tomorrow...

Back