Scavenger Hunt #128 - Aug. 31-Sept. 8

Joan - Thanks LOL. I'm here for the weekend and will fly back to Spokane tomorrow. Less than 8 hours flying back to where we started the 9 day drive. All three are great. I really like the building on the pier.

Ai - cute duckies šŸ¤ I like the retained whites in your river scene. The woman sitting looking at the river is really good.

Thank you everyone for the kind and wonderful comments.

Fletch - that is cool to know we were thinking about similar subjects to drQ. I know i would get ready to post a list and then discover the previous hunt (which I missed) already featured the bulk of my "new" list. Asking the "grands" to contribute is a great idea. They are homeschooled and always asking what activity I have lined up. Glad you brought up the lovely work by mom in Cairo and daughter. We have certainly met memorable folk in this thread.

Moscatel oil - nice you dropped by and hope you get something spread around to share.

Scene Chaser - Hi and welcome. Handsome tool pouch. My, my the bare necessities have become way more complicated but a pencil and paper are still perfectly adequate.(y)

Ned - Thanks for the encouragement and sharing the sites on your travels has been alot of fun! That is quite a substantial fresh air shelter! nice drawing too. The trees add good atmosphere. Great Big find for old. That place looks steeped in time.

Ai - ahhh - cute ducks - fun and simplew shapes are very pleasing, easy going. Love the way you "save" the whites. I especially enjoy running eyes over the people in the floating covered boat. Thanks again for the delightful photos.

Joan--stupendous all inclusive sketch of bldg, parking deck, garden unbrellas, people bridge!!!! wow wee! Likie like the green color palette of sketcher under umbrella...super crop really draws one in. The one with the willow and water front is fabulous!

Jo C - Hi - hope you grab a moment on the porch to sketch a bit. I imagine it is starting to cool off a bit down your way. I managed to get some collards and kale planted. Got some organic garlic cloves at walmart produce I hope to stick in the ground soon.

Thanks, Ned. Have a good flight home.

Robin, thank you. Sounds like you've got some planting in your future.

It was an overcast day today with a short periods of rain. I go to the pool for exercise and they are open even if it rains...I got rained on 3 times while I was in the water. Tomorrow is the last day for the pool. :( It closes the day after Labor Day.

6 - recent purchase - watercolors and ink
IMG_5962.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5969.jpeg
    IMG_5969.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
Bill - Nicely rendered. A neat family keepsake too

Ned - Great job on the log hut. Did you stay at the Inn?

Joan - Yes! Shevaun Doherty ( CairoMom). She is a excellent artist. As are you! The seated sketcher and umbrella is are great but the details in the next two would have inhibited me from even trying and you did both so well.WOW A lovely lobster. The street sketch is not referenced but well done. Again so much detail.

Ai - love how you captured the feel of dimension on the duckies. You paint city scenes so loosely yet capture the look and feel of the places. The same with the painting if the tourist.

Robin - The hole-ly shadow of the drain basket made me smile. Kirvin is another memorable artist we shared with. šŸ˜„

Keep sketching
Fletch

Thanks Ned, Robin, Fletch, Joan, and all for your kind comments of my sketches.

Joan: That street corner is superb. You are getting in amazing details. The colors nuance in the lobster is fantastic as well. I think when you upload and image, if you hit enter too fast, it will go into the attachment mode of display. If you wait a bit longer for it to fully upload and show in the post, after then you hit submit; I think later the full size image will appear directly in the post content. This was from my humble experience with the uploader before.

Robin: Glad you can speedy sketch away the cute food processor blades. I know you must be in super busy mode.

Robin, thanks. Nice sink strainer and shadow too!

Fletch, thanks so much. We've encountered so many great artists on our journeys here and at WetCanvas. I still keep in touch with a few of them, mostly on FB.

Ai, thanks. I wasn't trying to upload the street scene. My photo was blurry and I planned on taking a better picture before I posted it. So it will be reposted hopefully later. I don't know how to get the little thumbnail to not show.

Joan...I wonder if next time you are in edit mode of your post, you can hit the trash can icon, to delete your unwanted upload picture, as circled in red in sample pic below.

1000005384.jpg

Boy how far behind am I? Lazy.
Hi everybody!

Bill, the tool bag is well done and a nice memory.

Ned, the hut in the park is a great find and love the style! I wonder about the oldest Inn. I like the sign. Thanks for the photo with red umbrellas. Thanks for taking us on your trip.

Joan, like the guy under the umbrella, hard to capture that. The street scene is fun and well done. Wow on the old building and umbrellas! The lobster looks fierce.

Ai, cute little ducks. Reminds me of Jeanne's collection of small things. Lovely card, busy scene and great photo. Nice free-form on the lady looking over the river. Gene loves your wine label. Cool shadow.

Robin, love the metal stopper and in a Kivrin book. Makes me smile. šŸ’•

I sketched at my footstool in the large Canson Mixed Media sketchbook with the Micron 03.
Number 1 related to evening activity - melatonin for sleep, Number 2 small - ring, Number 3 hand - for holding things, Number 4 paper - paper napkins

csshfl128hand-small.jpg

csshfl128setup-photo.jpg

Ai, thanks. By the time I realized the thumbnail was still there the trashcan was gone. I like the hatching on the bottle and label.

Jo, thanks. We had fun in the city. Good sketch of the melatonin bottle...does it help? Nice ring and hand sketch...napkins aren't easy to draw and make them look like anything. You did.

7 - business sign - watercolors and ink

IMG_5971.jpeg

8 - free space - watercolors

IMG_5974.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, Joan! Thanks. The melatonin is for Gene. Seems to work well. Wow, you got carried away with business signs. Ha. Actually, so very nice. Your free space is so cool, you know about umbrellas. Love the people and rich colors in the shadows....

Joan: Amazing business signs on the roadside, and fantastic big umbrella scene with people.

Jo: Super cute on those delicate jewelly sketch.. nice med. bottle.

Jo, thanks...yes, I did find a few signs to put into the sketch.

Ai, thank you. I caught a few people having breakfast at this restaurant that has a big lawn with tables.

Brian, great sketch. You "nailed" it. lol I know how it is to try and sketch when you can't really see the subject clearly.

Ai - Superb hatching on the wine bottle and shadow.

Jo - Nice pen work, especially on the hand. Props on text and napkin texture. Melatonin brings back a few memories when I was still working. It was pretty much standard on transatlantic flights. Worked great and no side effects.

Joan - Commented earlier on the amazing detail on the corner shops. As a couple have already said you have umbrellas down pat. ( Groan for nail pun. )

Brain - Simply excellent.

#1 metal and #2 paper - Multiple grades of graphite in a pocket sketchbook. Perspective is off but did not notice I posted it.

IMG_2748.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Brian: That is marvelous sketch... and you did it in an HB... I love the contrast that you use to create the metal effect. I have ageing eyes too... lol.

Fletch: I ditto Joan. I can feel the leather texture of the book cover... Excellent.

Back