Really Rubbish Sculpture

Iain

2 eyes.
Terrible toilet. 2013. Clay, Plastic, Acrylic, Ceramic tile, Old slipper.
20210311_212919.jpg

Note the really long neck and the markings consistent with something predatory in nature.

20210311_205832.jpg

Your sculpture is in the toilet! ;) I love the material that the neck is made from, it looks like amber.

Thanks sno. In all my enthusiasm I forgot to add a cistern!

I always remember Jo Brand's joke about her husband's urine sample. When he was unable to produce one, she told him to rinse out the toilet mat. 😁 So deadpan. Oops.

Thank you, Artyczar. Mine is an experiment using the same porcelain that is used to make the round isolators one sees on high voltage transmission lines. I sprinkled manganese oxide over the top to give that brown speckled effect. The size is 100 x 180 x 270 mm.

Thank you for the comments Hermes, Desforges and Artyczar.

Ha, this reminds me of a pot I made years ago, when I was obsessed with folds in clay.

View attachment 8205

My original intention was to make a pot. I like the organic nature of your work here. It is like a slice cut from a landscape of closely growing birch saplings or a coppice.

I Like your creepy toilet.
As for the medieval pouch, did you know what was a very popular material for coin pouches in Iceland's past? Ram's scrotum; no seams...;)

Reminds me of a moray eel that jumps out from the ocean floor to bite your butt. As Carol said you are a kook, and an interesting one.
I was once told by an older cousin of a creature that came out of the toilet and bit a boy's butt. It was a possibility. Since I had not long began using the toilet I was terrified. I remember my mother telling me not to be silly. "You sit on it," I told her. "If I sit there I will shit myself!"

I didn't really say that.

Iain,
speaking of which, I was 20, came home high as a kite, went to bed and my brother appeared in my bedroom’s doorway asking me if I had put the rat in his toilet in the basement. He was white and terrified. I just couldn’t stop laughing. He was sure that it was me. The rat had appeared in his toilet. I called the cops and the firemen came to catch it. There was a lot of noise and then it went silent. The left with it, holding it by the tail. I can still see the drop of water at the end of its nose and me yelling « why did you have to kill it? »
Iain, you brought me some memories.

It's funny to think that your brother saw a rat in the toilet and his first thought was, Jocelyn!

My daughter got a kick hearing about how I locked her aunt, my younger sister, in a suitcase and then let it slide down the stairs. Consequences? We were having fun! Again! Again!

Toilet Humour. I have never heard the sound of laughter emerging from behind a toilet door. And i hardly miss the opportunity to listen. It is one of the perks of being an attendant.

Toilet Humour. I have never heard the sound of laughter emerging from behind a toilet door. And i hardly miss the opportunity to listen. It is one of the perks of being an attendant.

It depends on the number of occupants — I have heard giggling on a few occasions.

Back