Oct 2021 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

I'm ready to go too. I set up a scheduled email to myself so I don't forget to post it! :rolleyes:

Hullo members - most probably know that, New Zealand is the first country in the world to see the light of a new day, so it is the morning of Wednesday 20th here in NZ today. Here's my entry. I've painted the Squirrel. We don't have Squirrels in NZ so they have always fascinated me. I love how busy they are.
20cm x 30cm - PanPastels on Mi-Teintes grey paper

First Chg Animals Creative Spark.jpg

Aha, that succeeded so I must have done the right thing as it's the first time I've posted any artwork on this Website
Looking forward to seeing more.

So sweet, Viv. Very well done! We see lots of sqirrels in the town Park. Some of the youngsters are tame and take tid-bits from the hand. We warn people in the Sensory Garden not to feed them because they do bite.

Last edited:
Penny thank you, and as you say "great minds..." Your little Squirrel is so cute, and lovely use of coloured pencil and ink!

Vivien, Wonderful squirrel! So soft and fluffy, wonderful tail! He looks so innocent...
Schuee,, what a cutie--looks like a little rascal, as we know they can be!

ntl - Thank you! Those PansPastels are great for giving a really soft look to fur for painting animals.

Vivian, I'm overnighting a crate full of squirrels to you...They will get busy inside the walls and ceiling of your house.... lol

Vivien, I love your squirrel! I love the soft lines. ♥️

Schuee, I love yours too, the fuzziness makes me smile and like that you included the branch. ♥️

I did not have time to participate in the challenge here, as I am enjoying WC as long as we have it, doing the October A & W Challenge there. So thrilled to see so many "friends' here.

Vivien - Lovely. We have squirrels all over the place here! I see many daily.
Penny - The way you handled the short fur in multiple colors looks very good.

Viv - Lovely squirrel, his fur looks so soft !
Penny - Beautiful squirrel, you captured his expression perfectly.

I've never used either pastels or coloured pencils but after seeing your
drawings, I'm tempted to try them.
I would love to see the WIPs .

Cheers,
Patricia

Hello Everyone,
Here's one of my drawings [ I've done two ]

I actually started this 2 years ago but never finished it, I thought I'd
finish it now but after looking at it again, I decided that I like it the
way it is !

' Sleepy Cow '
Black and white charcoal on Canson's brown paper.

tncow.jpg

The other drawing is not quite finished but I'll post it tomorrow -finished or not !
Cheers,
Patricia

Back