January 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge

fedetony

Hi all,
I am the hosting the start of the year 2022 Challenge and I look forward for you to join in and share your art.
PLEASE read the rules for the Challenge which are at the top of the Forum.
The photos I’ve provided for the challenge are mine and you can use them how you please.
You may use any medium for your work, I look forward to the 20th of the month for the reveal of you work and to also get to know what have you selected.

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL the 20th of January to post, as we enjoy the anticipation.

Have fun and Enjoy!

DSC_0065_800.JPG
74400585_112195683566232_4465736428344573952_o.jpg
80862817_138349027617564_5447539039945097216_o.jpg
DSC_0041_800.JPG
DSC_0092_800.JPG
DSC_0099_800.JPG
DSC_0230_800.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photo's Federico !
Thank you very much for hosting this month.
Cheers,
Patricia

Thanks for hosting, and the selection. I think you meant post 20th January, not December. I don't want members to think it already over.

Thanks for hosting, and the selection. I think you meant post 20th January, not December. I don't want members to think it already over.
ow yeah... Sorry for that, did not notice.... moderator please correct :)

I had a disaster when using some cheaper watercolour paper. I had drawn and coloured the image in coloured pencils but the paper didn't take erasing well and started to disintegrate. I’ve managed to rescue it, I think, but the background will be patchy. I’m looking forward to the 20th and the revealing of the art.

awn and coloured the image in coloured pencils but the paper didn't take erasing well and started to disintegrate. I’ve managed to rescue it, I think, but the background will be patchy. I’m looking forward to the 20th and the revealing of the art.
Hehehe... I had that with some canvas paper, when you passed the brush and the paint was sticky broke the layer of the paper. The worst part is I was giving the last details and made me so furious that I never used it again for anything. Was very expensive as I recall but really bad quality.
Best is to use well known good quality supplies. And when not, do some trials to understand how it behaves.

Hehehe... I had that with some canvas paper, when you passed the brush and the paint was sticky broke the layer of the paper. The worst part is I was giving the last details and made me so furious that I never used it again for anything. Was very expensive as I recall but really bad quality.
Best is to use well known good quality supplies. And when not, do some trials to understand how it behaves.
That’s interesting, Federico. Yes, it would have been better to use a dearer paper but this is all I had. I had spent the morning on it and couldn’t face starting again. you live and learn!

Penny - sorry you had those problem with cheaper paper! Ive had that too over the years - it's always a problem with cheaper paper.

Havent done anything yet, as we are on our Summer Holiday break. Hope to do something soon.

Thanks, Viv. I thought I hadn’t seen you around. I hope you’re having a good time. Summer seems a long way away here. It’s been cold and very wet today.

Back