January 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge

Thanks for hosting Federico! Sorry I couldn't take part ... it's been a hectic and strange start to the year.

Viv - lovely butterfly! I like how you simplified the background, it makes the main subject really stand out.

Claudia - I love all your birds. Really like how you've applied the paint in the swan painting. Great detail in the sparrow and the goose.

Christel - very creative! It's worked well. I haven't tried painting on stones before, maybe I should try it!

Ann - I like both of these. Nice clean lines and good values with the graphite. Another thing I have to try.

Penny - I really like the goose, and the background colour is lovely. It's a shame you had trouble with the paper.

Joy - good sparrow, lovely detail on the wings.

Kay - lovely sparrow portrait! I like how you focused in on the head.

Federico - wonderful, I love those blue tones on the bill / eye and I like the background too.

EP - good sketches! I like the birds.

Lesley - I like your abstract. I like how you broke it down into simple shapes. Really like your sketch too!

Joe - I really like your sketches, lots of energy.

I have February's images ready to post next week. I chose them months ago, so they will be a surprise to me too :)

Back