January 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge

644A8472-FBAB-49E8-A728-F74D2DD78C1D.jpeg

Here are my two offerings. I go to a art group and one week was abstract do I tried to do and abstract swan in watercolour and then I did a pencil sketch. I will post comments later.

EyePaint - ingenious and beautiful as always. Love the drawing.
Rainowl - that is very creative, the abstraction is a characteristic of high intelligence. Use fixative to preserve it and care about the border flakes. Your second input is also very nice,yet the first one is off-chart.

Lesley, I do not possess the imagination or creativity for abstract, so am I fascinated that you were able to catch on so quickly to the concept. Pencil sketch is also very nice, with good proportions. And it is great to see you back in an art forum again!

Thank you for your lovely comments. This was the first time I have tried abstract work. I will probably try it again. At heart I am more a traditional artist.

Viv - your simple background shows off the butterfly.
Claudia - I enjoyed your 3 birds.

Christel- love your rock painting.

Anne- beautiful loose paintings.

Penny - love your colour pencil goose.

Joy - beautiful bird.

KayK - your little picture is cute.

Fedetony - Great use of pastels in goose and back ground.

EP - I love your ink drawings of the animals.
I hope I have not missed anyone. It is enjoyable looking at all the entries.

Lesley

Anne - Lovely work on the Tortoise and the Swan!

Here's my comments for those I haven't caught up with yet - hope I haven't missed anyone.
Penny
- Nice work on the Goose! Your deteriating paper hasn't taken anything away from your artwork. It still looks great!

Joy - Lovely Sparrow, nice watercolor

Kay - I like your little Sparrow painting!

Fede - Beautiful painting of the goose, and water! Thanks for Hosting this month.

EP - Oh Ep, you know I always love your work, it is so distinctive and beautiful! A new format with the circles in the middle! Works very well too!

Rainowl/Lesley - Hi there, good to see you here! A great job on both your paintings. I'm not an abstract artist but it's very good abstract, however I like your Swan very much!

Fedetony - thank you for Hosting this month's Animal Art Challenge (y):)

Viv - Great butterfly, I really like the background too.

Claudia - Wonderful paintings , especially the goose.

Christel - Nice butterfly on stone - what paint did you use ?

Anne - I like the goose and turtle , you are getting some nice effects with
the water-soluble graphite.

Penny - I love the goose - really nice texture.

Joy - Very nice sparrow

Kay - I love the expression on your sparrow - he looks like he is just sitting, quietly
pondering the universe !

Federico - Wonderful goose - I especially like the background.

Lesley - I like both your swans.

Thank you Federico for hosting January.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to take part this month.

Just a reminder - we are still looking for hosts to fill the empty spots remaining
this year. If you would like to host a month please post
in the 'A & W monthly challenge hosting schedule' thread
to let me know which month you would like and I'll add you to the list.
Cheers,
Patricia

Rainowl2, what a great exercise to interpret the same image in an abstract way as well as your usual traditional way. Really nice work on both, though in such different ways.

And thanks everyone for your comments on mine, they are very much appreciated. I'm sorry if I posted too many, I love painting birds so I couldn't resist those lovely reference pics!

Rainowl2, what a great exercise to interpret the same image in an abstract way as well as your usual traditional way. Really nice work on both, though in such different ways.

And thanks everyone for your comments on mine, they are very much appreciated. I'm sorry if I posted too many, I love painting birds so I couldn't resist those lovely reference pics!
Claudia - you didnt paint too many, it was lovely to see them! Members can paint as many as they would like too, the more the better.

Claudia - Good Gracious ! You haven't posted too many. That's what this forum is for.
We all greatly look forward to the 20th to see what 's been posted
I wish everyone would post dozens and dozens ! :)
Cheers,
Patricia

To ALL: As Always, I get so much joy with the delightful works everyone shares. I spend hours looking and then repeat again. Check the details and the emotions each produce, is so fulfilling sensation I get every time. Thank you all for taking part of this challenge, the great positive comments and the good energy we all share by doing so.
If you are interested you can also make your own challenge, there are plenty months left in 2022. Its a great experience to host a challenge as also motivates, inspires and makes your creativity and imagination flow, and the best is you to make your best with it.
Much love, enjoy and have fun!
BTW there is still time left for latecomers ! ;)
:)

wonderful works, you have all done in fantastic work,
Vivien, leaves and wonderful butterfly,
HaeKmoth, beautiful and elegant swan, wonderful sparrow and goose.

Christel, wonderful rock painting.

Ams, they're both wonderful.
Schuee, fantastic painting.

Joy, formidable job.

Kay, how wonderful

Fedetony, fantastic painting

Ep, formidable
Rainowl2, they are both great.

i made these, i tried on kraft paper. to use colored paper.

thanks for the beautiful references

2022-01-25 00-32_pagina_1.jpg
2022-01-25 00-32_pagina_2.jpg
2022-01-25 00-32_pagina_3.jpg

Joe, I like them all, but the bird in the middle the best. It is amazing that you captured it so well with just a few lines. I highly admire Japanese artists that can do the same.

Joe1It - Nice drawings - They capture the 'spirit ' of the animal.
Cheers,
Patricia

Back