February 2022 Animal & Wildlife Challenge - all welcome!

Triduana

Contributing Member
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Animal & Wildlife challenge for February 2022. I've provided a series of pictures (all from Pixabay) from which you can make a selection - as many as you like! - to create your artwork. Any medium / style goes!

Please look here for the full instructions for the challenge. Thank you :)

Most importantly, please wait until the 20th of the month to post your artwork. You can use the thread to talk about your progress, but please don't tell us which picture you're working on!

I've provided 14 images. I find it hard to go without the theme, so all the subjects have a 'W' in their name. :)

1: Brown Swiss Cow

brown swiss cow jai79.jpg

2: Hooded crow

hooded-crow-koala0815.jpg

3: Lime hawk moth
lime hawk moth Ian Lindsay.jpg

4: This might a minnow
fish-Kevin McIver.jpg

5. Norwegian Forest Cat

NFC by Pablo Klaschka.jpg

6. Nettle Weevil
nettle-weevil-Erik Karits.jpg

7. Swallows

swallows-eismannhans.jpg

More to follow ...

Last edited:
8. Swallowtail butterfly

swallowtail by Gayulo.jpg

9. Weimeraner

weimeraner by cri92.jpg

10. Whimbrel

whimbrel-Denis Doukhan.jpg

11. Wombat

wombat-PenelopePitstop.jpg

12. White stork

white stork by alexas fotos.jpg

13. Wood mouse
wood mouse by Alexas fotos.jpg

14. Whooper swan

whooper swan - jggrz.jpg

Have fun! :)

Last edited:
What excellent photos, Kay. Thank you. As I am a Williamson I enjoy the fact that they all have W’s in their names. 😎

Lovely photo's. Thank you very much for hosting this month, Kay.
Cheers,
Patricia.

Thanks Penny and Patricia, I look forward to seeing your art! Glad you like the theme Penny. :)

Last edited:
Hi Lesley. Thanks for looking in, and looking forward to seeing your art on the 20th!

Thanks Kay M for this splendid selection of images to choose from. 🙂 (And even a hawk moth included!)

You're quick off the mark Penny! I've printed my photo out but that's as far as I've got! :)
I will have to see whether I can do a second one in between knitting a jumper! I’ve think I’ve persuaded my sister to enter her digital painting, as well.

Penny - wow you are so quick! Well done! Im still deciding which ref to do. We have Waitangi Weekend at this time, a holiday for NZ, so Im heading away to Arrowtown for a few days. Will catch-up with painting when Im home again.

Penny - wow you are so quick! Well done! Im still deciding which ref to do. We have Waitangi Weekend at this time, a holiday for NZ, so Im heading away to Arrowtown for a few days. Will catch-up with painting when Im home again.
Thanks, Viv. Have a good time away. The holiday sounds interesting.

Back