DECEMBER 2021 ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE

Just finished mine, so as it's the afternoon of Sunday here in NZ I will be ready to post tomorrow morning which will be Mon 20th here in NZ. I'm pleased to get mine done, as it's been a very busy season leading up to the Summer Holiday Season in NZ.

Just finished mine, so as it's the afternoon of Sunday here in NZ I will be ready to post tomorrow morning which will be Mon 20th here in NZ. I'm pleased to get mine done, as it's been a very busy season leading up to the Summer Holiday Season in NZ.
Looking forward to seeing your entry, Viv. It’s early morning Sunday here, so I’ll post early on Monday.

Hullo everyone, it is Monday 20th Dec here today so here's my Challenge entry.
I just had to draw the horse as I miss our farm and my horses very much.
30cm x25cm - Panpastels on Mi-Teintes paper
20211219_135831.jpg

Beautiful Viv. I love the softness of the fur you get with the pan pastels.

Viv. Beautiful horse, he looks so gentle.

Penny. Lovely , playful, puppy.

Cheers,
Patricia

Vivien, I knew you would be first! Very nice, esp. The mane.
Penny, good job, as usual.

I thought I would be done mine today, but not quite.

Vivien, so beautiful. I love pastels and you gave life and softness to your horse. I'm smiling.
Penny, wow, the colored pencil pup is amazing. You got so much texture.

I did a sketch to take part. I haven't been painting much. In a Canson sketchbook with a Micron 02 and brush pens. I put it up now after midnight as I won't have time tomorrow. Thanks.

csdecwild-cat.jpg

Morning all! Looking good so far!

Viv, lovely serene horse portrait. The soft colours give the sense of a really gentle animal.
Penny, I like your spotty pup very much. You've caught the dog's character and the black and white are striking.
Jo Castillo, Nice little kitten sketch. You've managed to make the fur look really fluffy, which I'm admiring particularly because I did not manage to achieve a fluffy effect with mine.

Here is my effort, I chose Pearl. Watercolours on A4 cold pressed paper. I had a bit of an accident with the red paint and the fur looks too smooth, but I'm quite pleased with the face and the cushion. I might have achieved more fluffiness if I'd used watercolour pencils, but I wanted to try only using watercolour paints for this one.

Pearl finished400 (474 x 665).jpg

Back