A tree across the street

ntl

Contributing Member
w/c, about 5" x 6" on 90 lb paper. Done Oct 24, 2020. Wa-a-y out of scale :D:cry: .

1604872296096.png

But nobody would have known about the scale if you hadn't told us. :giggle: Well done ntl. (y)

Thanks, Arty. That tree is across the street from my south facing window. I may "do" it a few more times.

LOL, Lain, It's a beautiful tree, in front of a wonderful house. I hope the next images are better scaled!

Well, if you are determined, but I like the idea of messing with scale (not that I have thought of it until now).. I like the idea of reality as a jumping off point. Not far to fall. hehe.

Thanks, Arty. That tree is across the street from my south facing window. I may "do" it a few more times.
Yeah you should, that's what I like about watercolor, you hear people complain about how unforgiving it is, but it is also quick.
So no problem cranking out multiple versions of the same subject., experimenting away with different techniques, color mixes etc.
I like your tree, and look forward to the future versions. As for the "wrong" scale, my wife always says, when I point out some things that are "wrong" in my drawings or paintings; "Don't show them your reference, they'll never know".

Note I did not post a reference photo :) .
We had a lot of wind over the last few days, most of the leaves are in the street.

"...no problem cranking out multiple versions of the same subject., experimenting away with different techniques, color mixes etc...."
Good idea. I get hung up on making it as good as I can, when maybe that's holding me up??

There's nothing wrong with repeating. If you find a subject that keeps inspiring you...why not?

• Wow
Reactions: ntl
Back