The Clearing

Enyaw

namuh
The Clearing.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Jan 13/24

The Clearing .. all about making a stroke with the knife and leaving it to go over it, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typo fixed. ;)

This is just gorgeous - what a beautiful display of light! You just nailed the foliage color changes when struck by sunlight. The strip of blue sky along the top lends a perfect naturalness to it all. And those blues.....! ❤️

Excellent work!

Terri is right; this is gorgeous and excellent! I think I would have a very hard time leaving each stroke alone because I would want to adjust an edge or put another color on top and soon there would be mud.

Thanks Donna. With a knife i can go over with a light touch while with a brush I can’t.

This is really a nice one. Someone told me once that to say a painting is nice means you don't have anything to say. But to me nice is really good, meaning it has a nice/warm/welcoming feeling. Anyway, I like this a lot!

Beautiful! That little spot of sunshine really gives some distance persp.💞💕

Truly beautiful. I love the yellows, whites, light greens...or I should say the "light" in this. ♥️

Thank you Ayin ... light is good .

Thanks Bartc .. glad you had time for a thought and a good observation .. to me, that is what makes the light have force.

Thank you Ayin ... light is good .

Thanks Bartc .. glad you had time for a thought and a good observation .. to me, that is what makes the light have force.
Agreed! Gives it depth and interest, which it would totally lack if not for that masterful rendition.

Back