Your weirdest, craziest work?

That darn rabbit reminds me of Hartley hare, a terrifying hand puppet from the TV show Pipkins, a serial breacher of the fourth wall!
I just found this image from a notebook while looking for something. 2015
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Lyn, I see where your avatar came from. :)
O.O, I like those a lot, especially the prim lady at the end. :)
Desforges, those are great, I love the mouse soup. :)
Iain, no words. :)

What you may or may not lack (And I don't believe you lack imagination!), you make up for in talent, hard work, perseverance and a bloody good eye, hand coordination. I'm not a painter, but surely it takes imagination to be able to reconstruct an image from life in paint, to say nothing of craft. I'm talking in the dark, of course. I have nothing but admiration. I couldn't do what you guys do.
Iain, Those bananas are bananas! How'djhoo doo dat?
Trade secret. Gordon Ramsey swore but he couldn't break me. Look, I created a little Koala face, at least I think it is one:

Attachments

• IMG_5962.jpg
    IMG_5962.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Artyczar, it's a beautiful post.

congratulations to all, good all, there are immense ideas and masterpieces in here.

Snoball, speaking of what Artyczar said, I thought it would be perfect as a new cover, or extra cover of Vertigo, so it would be 2 masterpieces in one. fantastic job, wonderful.

Artyczar, i love the miserables and dr Hawaiian (true, the title is also brilliant although I envy that man so it is doctr who lives in the haway, but maybe he is working by potion that transform every place into haway, who is doing but better not find out) beautiful jeans too.

Briavands, Laf.art, great works.

OliveOyl, they are all fantastic, incredible, the third I think is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Desforges are wonderful and brilliant works.

Ian, cool, I also like the quote.

I have always found it impossible or very difficult to draw things that I cannot see (ok, you are right, not just that)

seriously, it is difficult and this post will contain strange and crazy things (apart from that they are terms that can hide so much beauty and fun) but at the same time of rare beauty, that is, if it was called, the most beautiful works ever seen, I would not have been surprised, I would not have even thought about the crazy side, you get lost in beauty and fantasy.

Thank you Joe!

Iain, I love your drawing. It is indeed weird! And your koala face is cool too. The art of over ripening.

Desforges, I have always loved your work and imagination. I have never seen anything from you that wasn't fantastic and beautiful at the same time. These can me reproduced into a book of some sort (if you ever wanted to do that, or thought about it). The whole world should see them. These ones you posted are amazing.

I like weird and I love the idea for this thread. And your work is wonderfully weird! I love this Richard Tuttle statement, The artist does what the society would never do. I find that ultimately freeing. Anyhow. How's this for weird. Kooking Bananas. 😄
I also like the quote and have added it to my collection of 'artistic' quotes. thx

Not counting some weird works from college/art school most of which I've lost... and never photographed... except this one:

Halloween.smallb.jpg

(a crappy scan of a slide)

The "craziest" works I did were probably "Beauty & the Beast" which I just posted...

26. BeFunky_Beauty and the Beast Final.750.jpg

... and the painting that immediately followed, "Fallen Snow."

27. BeFunky_FallenSnow final.750.jpg

Fallen Snow was another painting inspired by the class I was taking as part of my requirements for continuing education hours. There was a young girl in the class... maybe 17 or 18. She was always dressed fashionably with a fashionable purse and shoes and hairstyle. She was discussing her work and her taste in art and she admitted, "I'm a girly-girl. I love ribbons and bows, and lots, of pink, and Disney, and Victoria's Secret, and Malley's Chocolates (a local chocolatier)." The professor suggested that such could be challenging to create something taken seriously. I immediately took it as a personal challenge... after all, I unabashed will admit that one of by guilty pleasures is the Rococo... and love the Neo-Rococo paintings of Will Cotton:

untitled2003zm.jpg

Candy_Curls_2005.jpg

I ended up with the above painting combining pinks and fuchsias and the stripes of Victoria Secret's and Malley's Chocolate packaging with Snow White and her whip and a 1950s pin-up. o_O

[QUOTE="Artyczar,
Desforges, I have always loved your work and imagination
[/QUOTE]
Thank you, means a lot to me🙏

Last edited:
Back